• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show your headphone amplifier

As sure as Death and Taxes is the adage of the Fool and his Money.

Jeebus Christos! That's a monster of a conditioner! I'm not familiar with the brand? Kraftwork? I have personally heard an incredible transformation in sound in my Brother's system with a power conditioner- at the time he was in an older apartment, with dirty power, and the addition of the conditioner made a dramatic improvement in sound... :)
Check out this power conditioner I found in the compactor room…IMG_1564.jpeg
 
Jeebus Christos! That's a monster of a conditioner! I'm not familiar with the brand? Kraftwork? I have personally heard an incredible transformation in sound in my Brother's system with a power conditioner- at the time he was in an older apartment, with dirty power, and the addition of the conditioner made a dramatic improvement in sound... :)

Yes. To a certain extent, a conditioner can bring an interesting improvement, depending on the line feeding the Audio system, and the conditioner by itself, of course... Some models acts as mains generators, recreating a pure, cleaned and regulated sinewave. Two fo my Audio Pals have this... Along with large sized, dedicated mains supply : they are in the best conditions, de facto ! My conditioner is not a generator, unfortunately : it only filters, corrects and protects the mains sent to my Audio gear.

Moreover, you would be somewhat in trouble to identify the commercial brand : it's a DIY unit ! :)

KxxuOb-10518025895-5c878ff2af-b-Copie.jpg


The German inscriptions above means : City of Nürtingen, Electric Power Station - Ville de Nürtingen, Centrale (ou Usine) Electrique.

And obviously, you know those famous musicians : Karl Bartos, Ralf Hütter, Florian Schneider, Wolfgang Flür... Being a fan, that's the name I choose for my conditioner... :biggrin:

kraftwerk-the-man-machine.jpg
1767289029045.png

While we are still at it, here's the schematic of the unit. All features are defeatable... In order to allow with / without comparisons ;) :

VqWxOb-KRAFTWERK-Unit-schematic-15-08-2022.jpg


T
 
Yes. To a certain extent, a conditioner can bring an interesting improvement, depending on the line feeding the Audio system, and the conditioner by itself, of course... Some models acts as mains generators, recreating a pure, cleaned and regulated sinewave. Two fo my Audio Pals have this... Along with large sized, dedicated mains supply : they are in the best conditions, de facto ! My conditioner is not a generator, unfortunately : it only filters, corrects and protects the mains sent to my Audio gear.

Moreover, you would be somewhat in trouble to identify the commercial brand : it's a DIY unit ! :)

KxxuOb-10518025895-5c878ff2af-b-Copie.jpg


The German inscriptions above means : City of Nürtingen, Electric Power Station - Ville de Nürtingen, Centrale (ou Usine) Electrique.

And obviously, you know those famous musicians : Karl Bartos, Ralf Hütter, Florian Schneider, Wolfgang Flür... Being a fan, that's the name I choose for my conditioner... :biggrin:

kraftwerk-the-man-machine.jpg
View attachment 3666638

While we are still at it, here's the schematic of the unit. All features are defeatable... In order to allow with / without comparisons ;) :

VqWxOb-KRAFTWERK-Unit-schematic-15-08-2022.jpg


T
Beautiful work! :)
 
Streaming some Chris Botti through the new Topping L70 headphone amp, and WOW! Beautifully clear and transparent, with instruments placed in 3D space very well! Certainly sounds at least as good as my SMSL SP200 THX amp... Has some features I like, such as a Dual level gain, relay driven volume control, beautiful decent sized display, balanced operation and remote control... very nice! :)
 

Attachments

  • 20260106_183843.jpg
    20260106_183843.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
The line in my little Auditorium is incidentally dedicated, since there's nothing else than Audio hooked on, but it's the usual 2.5mm² single core copper wire. I added a mains conditioner (DIY) to clean and protect that line :

E7IxOb-fini4.jpg


I won't complain, though : it could have been much worse ! ;)

But OK, I'm derailing the subject... And moreover : I do not even have an Headphone Amp...:rolleyes:

T
Is this a DIY device that you designed and built yourself? I use an APC SmartUPS-1500 for my entire system.
 
Picked up this Fosi DAC/Amp on Barter Town and some DT 770 Pro X headphones for the bedroom to go with the new adjustable bed. I decided to try it the living room. Dead quiet with the system on full blast. The Lyr wasn’t nearly that happy with a tube preamp upstream. So for the time being the Fosi stays and the original Lyr is in the bedroom with an old friend, Bifrost Uber.
IMG_5457.jpegIMG_5389.jpeg
With 1A at 6V it could melt the new Beyer’s if it knew they were even connected.
 
Picked up this Fosi DAC/Amp on Barter Town and some DT 770 Pro X headphones for the bedroom to go with the new adjustable bed. I decided to try it the living room. Dead quiet with the system on full blast. The Lyr wasn’t nearly that happy with a tube preamp upstream. So for the time being the Fosi stays and the original Lyr is in the bedroom with an old friend, Bifrost Uber.
Fosi is pretty good bang for the buck. I have an MC101 on the side; it can push a surprising amount of current into my small KEF LS50 Metas, which are notoriously inefficient. The sound is full yet clear, detailed, with no audible distortion, even when played loud. Class D has its charms after all. :)
 
As I’m learning. I put a M04 Sub amp on my DQ-1W. Much better than the plate amp I was using and it’s accessible.
 
Back
Top Bottom