• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sir.Byrd's 2226H based super speaker project

how about black leather wrapped around the sides and a dark finished veneer front and back...
or...
black leather on the front and veneer on all other surfaces.
 
I was taking the pictures! Most of my work is doing the research and figuring out what needs to be ordered and how it will all fit together.
 
Re: the heatsinks... that should handle the requisite 1.21 gigawatts without any problem. :D

As for leather- I think Sonus Faber did that? Ah yes, here they are:

http://www.sumikoaudio.net/sonus/prod_toy_tower.htm

Of course, as the name of the Sonus speaker implies, it's a "toy" compared to the speaker that Sir.Byrd is building... :D

Regards,
Gordon.

Thanks Gordon!
We will know more about the covering later on.

Currently the DE250s are backordered... so we may order crossover components with the money instead and then go from there.
 
Thanks Gordon!
We will know more about the covering later on.

Currently the DE250s are backordered... so we may order crossover components with the money instead and then go from there.

There are a bunch on the auction site from what looks to be a good seller, FWIW.. pispeakers.com might sell you some if you ask nicely, also.
 
There are a bunch on the auction site from what looks to be a good seller, FWIW.. pispeakers.com might sell you some if you ask nicely, also.

I think we will wait, we still need to buy a lot of other stuff we don't have money for, probably another $250 in other parts before we could even USE the DE250s!

HUH?

That drafting pencil IS a power tool!

[He DOES look kinda bored in some of the pics, tho.... :tongue: ]

I am not in any of the pictures (unless one of them has caught me in the window!) so you are seeing my friend sitting around. There wasn't always enough to do with 4 people, but we did all of the work on page 8 in about the same time as it took three of us to do just the work on page 7!
 
I just think it is so cool to see Will and his young friends keep the quality audio torch lit!
 
Show your friend how to use the camera.

[We wanna see the actual perp here.... ;) ]

Okay fine, I'll put him on camera duty, next up is crossover layout, which I will do.

I just think it is so cool to see Will and his young friends keep the quality audio torch lit!

Thanks! I think it is a shame that quality audio is not valued by today's youth, even though they all love "music"
 
you dont know what you are missing untill you hear it..

That's one reason I dearly love being able to supply/build a lot of the speakers for Anime Weekend Atlanta- we get lots of young volunteers who staff the convention, and at least for a weekend, they get to hear what GOOD audio sounds like, on a BIG scale, and how relatively simple it is to get it, if you do it right. Even stuff like base-model-design Econowaves is leagues above what many of these kids have heard before this!

Afterward, I usually get at least one or two queries each year, from someone who wants to upgrade... :D :thmbsp:

Regards,
Gordon.
 
This project is more educational than a month at school, however it takes place only on the weekends, so I am not able to cut classes for it.
My friend called in and confirmed he ordered the parts... oops I quoted him the wrong parts numbers! Just kidding, we're looking at this time next week before any action starts.
 
Back
Top Bottom