• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Slogan Game!

Well, "Studio Standard" was a line of Fisher gear from the '70s... after Avery Fisher left and they went downhill. How the mighty fell... :no: Anyway, is that what you were going for?


Ding ding!
We have a winner! :D

:banana: Stevo!

Rome
 
Studio Standard was used extensively in their advertising, so that makes sense. Plus I really like my RS-1080 Studio Standard 72-lb monster. :music:

Car audio? Why not, Dupont is on the list already...

Heh heh; how about clean is beautiful if it's LOUD! :yes:

Hi Sus!
Ding Ding!
Again we have a winner with "Studio Standard."

Will have to think about the Clean is beautiful slogan.

Rome
 
#25 - "His Master's Voice" gets really complicated, depending upon which products, which countries, and which time period you are talking about. The term, based on the famous painting of Nipper the dog (originally known as, "His Late Master's Voice", and actually copyrighted as "Dog Listening to and Looking at a Phonograph"), has been around for over a century.

Over that time, it has been owned and used by the following:

The Gramophone Company
Victor Talking Machine Company
JVC
RCA
HMV (Which comes from ”His Master’s Voice")
Sony Music Entertainment
EMI
You and I and everyone else*

*(For many products and some countries, the trademark protection has expired, and the phrase and picture, for most applications, are now in the Public Domain, including in the United States.)

Complicated, huh?


Sidebar: The dog Nipper got his name because he had a habit of nipping visitors on the back of their legs. There is an old dog in one of the used-audio warehouses here that often tries to do that to me, when I go there. From his type and appearance, I suspect he is a retired fighting dog (Illegal dog fights still occur here.), possibly abused, and with the added crankiness of old age. While I feel a little sorry for him, and would rather be his friend, I wouldn't call him anything as cute as "Nipper" :no: Nope, I'd call him something more like "that #^@%-ing beast!"
 
Last edited:
Since the OP says "slogan or advertising campaign", I'll add two from print ads for receivers, one well-known and one obscure:

The fire started on the first floor...

If you can find a receiver that does more, buy it!
 
Hi Sus!
Since there is no answer on two of my entries, can I give the answer to them?

Rome
 
HEHEHE!
I'll hold off a little while longer on those answers, Stevo! :thmbsp:

Rome
 
Sorry I can't answer Rome's post but think I have an answer to one of the OP slogans:

(4) "_____ ... Boney." also "_____ ... No Baloney." ------[?]

Sony?


I 'd like to add a tagline used in a printed nationwide advertisement for a company.

"When music becomes more than just something to listen to."
 
Yes, Sony, No Baloney... but what movie was this from?

Speaking of movies, how about the Utube link to Albert Brooks' character growing a concience while selling high-pressure discount speakers to the young couple?

I'm trying to keep up with this so thanks for being patient...

The thread is active now but when it gets a bit stale, please fill in the unknowns you posted.

goinslow you have one of my faves. Infinity 2000A. But I don't understand what your pic of somebody standing in the corner means.
 
Here's an easy one.
Is it alive or is it *******?

Is it live or is it Memorex?

Memorex entered the consumer business in 1971 first with its "shattering glass" advertisements and then with a series of famous television commercials featuring Ella Fitzgerald. In the commercials she would sing a note that shattered a glass while being recorded to a Memorex audio cassette. The tape was played back and the recording also broke the glass, asking "Is it live, or is it Memorex?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkt8Dwzl6Sg
 
Here's mine:

"Hear The Light" __________" ------[Craig]
"High Tech Meets Hi-Fi" __________" ------[Acoustic Research]

Rome
 
Back
Top Bottom