• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SMAC August 2011

Trivia question; when was the last time a group of SMACers were dead silent through an entire side of an LP? Hint: some time earlier today. So who's out there trying to score a copy of Midnight Sugar. Thanks for the great time Steve.

Ha, I believe that would be a first!

As a matter of fact I was going to mention that I felt like I was at a SMAC meet Friday at RTF when the couple behind us would not shut up during the music....until they finally fell asleep!:boring:

Nice looking set up, Sorry I missed this one!
 
Trivia question; when was the last time a group of SMACers were dead silent through an entire side of an LP? Hint: some time earlier today.

If I wasn't there I wouldn't believe it!!

Thanks to Steve for a grand afternoon of food, music, drink and good conversation on his little piece of Heaven.

About the only low point was that Kegger didn't catch dinner casting from the pier :D
 
That was amazing,where was Rob when we observed this aberation.Thanks to Steve for his great job hosting today....
 
Thanks Steve for a great time. I really dig your system and barn. The food was great and the tunes were great. Me and Denny had a wonderful time. Let's get together this week. I'll email you.
 
Sounds like a good time was had by all. Wish I could a made it.
 
First: Thanks Steve: your system, the barbeque, the barn……….outstanding meet. Hope to see you at more meets.

Second: Thanks guys just went in to E-Bay and increased my max bid on Midnight Sugar. If you want it you’re going to have to pay…………

Third: Kegger should know you’ll catch more fish with a 12AT7, instead of an old 6551.

Fourth: SMAC meets usually get quiet when the food is served.

Nice meeting you Denny hope you make it back again.
 
Good copies of Midnight Sugar can cost a fortune. Good thing I have two sealed copies of it here :)
 
Thanks to Steve for hosting my very first SMAC meeting. It was great meeting you and your wife and all the other Michigan guys.

I have to especially thank Dennis and his beautiful wife for putting up with me and giving me a place to stay for the whole weekend. He also acted as my personal guide the whole weekend which I really appreciated. I had a great time!

Thanks also to Don for inviting us to his house on Sunday. I was glad to finally hear a full Mac system. Both Dennis and I were really impressed by the speakers and the whole setup in general. It really is as nice as I imagined it would be.

I made it home just a few hours ago. I wanted to see how beautiful the UP is and it didn't disappoint. I hit a few torrential down pores but it cleared up when I hit the Mackinac Bridge. I was able to drive pretty much the rest of the way home with the top down.

I made a stop in Wisconsin to refuel and get something to eat. I was next to my car checking a message on my phone when a guy in a pickup stopped. He asked if I had a car cover for my car. I told him I didn't.

He had just traded his car in and was on his way over to the dealership to give it to them when he saw me next to my Solstice. He then asked me if I wanted one for free. I couldn't believe it. I talked with him a bit and then told him thanks. I shook his hand and he took off. Karma when you least expect it.
 
Hey Denny, glad you got back in one piece. We really enjoyed your stay. You are welcome back any time.
 
Couldn't have asked for better place to have a Smac meet.. ;)

Steve was a great host with a great place, I just needed a fishing rod with more line on it.. :(

-------------

An Denny, nice to meet you.. (not you Dennis)..:smoke:
 
Hey Denny glad you made it home, great to finally meet ya hope the a-27 was
worth the wait, the beer was'nt to bad either. Sounds like I missed another good Smac
meeting. Keep in touch,
 
Hey Denny, glad you got back in one piece. We really enjoyed your stay. You are welcome back any time.

I haven't eaten that well in a long time. The logger man breakfast each morning was a real treat. The home roasted coffee wasn't bad either! :thmbsp:

Hey Denny glad you made it home, great to finally meet ya hope the a-27 was
worth the wait, the beer was'nt to bad either. Sounds like I missed another good Smac
meeting. Keep in touch,

It was a long wait but well worth the trip. It was fun talking with you and your wife.

I'll get the surrounds ordered for your speakers before the end of the week. I've been in a trance at work and home and am still recovering. I put over 1700 miles on the car over the weekend.
 
Hey - glad you made it back in one piece, and nice karma on the car cover!

Great to meet you ... will have to make it to MN someday. (Haven't been there, yet.)
 
We usually have a couple meets over the summer. It's not unusual to have people crash for the night. I'm sure we could make room for a few more. :yes:
 
Yep, the fresh roasted coffee sure does taste good. I am back to an apple and a hand full of walnuts for breakfast.....but the weekend is fast approaching.
 
I did manage to get a really nice direct-cut Japanese issue of The Three that we listened to at Steve's - came yesterday!

Still on the hunt for the Midnight Star (yeah, right) and I got outbid on the Folk Singer album.
 
I checked out the prices for Midnight Sugar and they weren't as bad as it sounded they might be. Most of them that were listed weren't exactly cheap compared to most of the stuff I usually buy.

There were some completed listings that were quite a bit lower. It looks like I just need to keep an eye out and cross my fingers I get lucky.
 
Back
Top Bottom