• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Soldering Station Recommendations?

kevinmasters

Well-Known Member
My radio shack special needs to take a hike. I do believe I'm ready for a decent mid-grade station. I'd like to keep it at or under $200. Recommendations? :scratch2: Go!
 
Register to hide this ad
The Hakko 888 is a nice piece. I personally think its a bit funky looking but it sure does work well.
 
The Hakko 888 is a nice piece. I personally think its a bit funky looking but it sure does work well.

If I had waited a few months, I could have gotten in on the AK deal for the Hakko. As it is, it's certainly worth it, even paying full price. I spent 25+ years using inferior soldering irons, so I consider myself an expert on cheap, so-so irons.

BTW: The Hakko isn't a cheap, nor a so-so iron! Great tool!

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
Kevin, I am in Dublin. If you are ever in the area you are more than welcome to handle the Hakko in person before buying something.
 
Back
Top Bottom