• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

songs for your funeral

donberry

Super Member
what are some songs you want played at your funeral ? I personally am hoping they do not have any preaching etc, just have a seat, play about 4 or 5 songs with my ashes in a urn and leave.....mine are always changing. Art of Dying is not one of my favorites, but lyrics are great - still a work in progress. Ideally it would be outdoors, using my main stereo cranked loud - wife would never do that tho and will probably have a normal preaching one with everyone praying for my poor unsaved soul.....I believe these songs should impart my thoughts on the matter :music:

Galileo - Indigo girls
Highwayman - the highwaymen
within you without you - beatles
art of dying - george harrison
have you ever - brandi carlile
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The piano exit part of "Layla". I have told my family & friends this, & furthermore if they DON'T follow my wishes, I shall come back & haunt 'em. So there.
 
As of now, my choices are strictly 'The Who':
- Behind Blue Eyes
- Won't Get Fooled Again, and of course,
- I Can See For Miles...:D
 
worse one I have ever heard - a woman died unexpectedly and they played her favorite song - Freebird live version - it just went on and on and on. If I wanted to do that, I would choose Southern Man off of 4 way street - 12 minutes of pure rock , but I wouldn;t do that to them
 
Dvorak's 9th, 2nd movement.:tears:
Funny, I've thought about this before. Force my family to actually listen to something good.
 
Wow what a dark thread, I don't have a list and never thought about it!
Regards,
Jim
 
My all time favorites:
Theme From A Summer Place --Percy Faith --1959
Nightlife ---Ray Price ---1963
James
 
The blues standard- "See That My Grave Is Kept Clean".
I like Bloomfields' version. He also does "Knockin' Myself Out" another blues song about digging an early grave.
 
This is the most innovative thread I have ever gone through, a little creepy though.
After some thoughts I feel I would like to listen to - I'll Sleep When I'm Dead...
Finally, I will get some rest from this hectic life :-)
 
Back
Top Bottom