• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Songs that reference jailbait...

These are the Maggie May lyrics that make me go...hmmm....

"It's late September and I really should be back at school"
"The mornin' sun when it's in your face really shows your age."
"You led me away from home 'cause you didn't want to be alone. "

'I suppose I could collect my books and get on back to school.
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a livin' out o' playin' pool."

Anyway, that's sort of how I always took it...that he was a high school-aged kid that fell for an older woman that broke his heart.

That's how I've always seen it. HS, possibly a younger college guy.
 
If it hasn't been listed it should have :D

So Young Stones from Some Girls Deluxe

So Young lyrics

I met her in a movie house, she was playin' the arcades
And posing with her hang hair down, lookin' a little bit
unmade
She spoke in broken English, I replied in broken French
'Come and share my popcorn, it's not a federal offense

She's so young, God help me, she's so young

Her skin was kind of pudgy, got spots all on her face
From wearin' too much makeup, and she wasn't walkin'
straight
She drove her daddy's car, she got a genuine teenage drag
She always find a popper, to be hidden in her stash

She's so young, God help me, she's so young
So young, so young
So young, so young

She ain't never gonna steal my heart away
I might not get it back!
She's so young

Well I took her down to Barney's, bought her a brand new
set of boots
She tried 'em in my arms, and's lookin' terminally cute
I tried to take it easy, put my dick back on a leash
If I see big trouble comin', I'm gonna beat a quick retreat

She's so young, God help me, she's so young
So young, so young
So young, so young

She ain't never gonna steal my heart away
I might not get it back
She's so young, yeah
So young, so young
So young, so young
She ain't never gonna steal my heart away
I might not get it back
Yeah, she's so young

So young, so young
So young
I ain't never gonna give my heart away
I might not get it back
She's so young, so young
So young
I ain't never gonna give my heart away
I might not get it back
 
Steely Dan, "Janie Runaway"

It must have been my lucky Thursday
Your dad went on that spree
Before the crew could put out the fires
You hopped a bus for NYC
Down in Tampa the future looked desperate and dark
Now you're the wonderwaif of Gramercy Park

Let's plan a weekend alone together
Drive out to Binky's place
The Sugar Shack in Pennsylvania
Or would that be a federal case?

Etc.
 
G'day all, what a refreshingly honest thread about such a real world subject! :yes:

I'll have a think about this subject and see if I can come up with some suitable song titles. Regards, Felix aka catman.
 
I remember somebody singin, Sixteen Will Get You Twenty, But That's Alright.
I don't think that's a trade off I'd want to make :no:
 
Loverboy - Teenage Overdose:
Lookin' for a teenage, lookin' for a teenage overdose
Lookin' for a good time, ready for a bad time
Comin' so close

Your lookin' for a cover, don't wanna tell your mother
I know your out there you're an underground-lover

Loverboy - Little Girl:
How can I make you trust me
And make you lose control
How can I make you at all

Little, little girl
You're too little, little girl

Michael Jackson - PYT (Pretty Young Thing)

Uriah Heep - Gypsy

I was only seventeen,
I fell in love with a gypsy queen.
She told me - hold on!

Her father was the leading man,
Said "You're not welcome on our land."
And then as a foe, he told me to go.

Charlie - Thirteen
When she fell in love with her first boy, she was only just thirteen
She never had another look, this one could buy her dreams
So she signed away her life at sixteen
The first kid came in just a year, a son, she called him John
A second, then a third came soon, now her youthful looks had gone
Tired of life and living at nineteen

He took me to a little shack
And put a whip across my back
Then told her - leave me.

I was out for quite a time,
Came back with her on my mind.
Sweet little girl - she means all the world.
 
"Everyone's Gone To The Movies" by Steely Dan always seems creepy to me. Not sure what is going on in the song, but it sounds illegal.
 
Having hard time interpreting Drag and Popper:

She drove her daddy's car, she got a genuine teenage drag
She always find a popper, to be hidden in her stash
 
I scanned all the posts and don't think I saw:

Muddy Waters, "Hello Little Schoolgirl"

That has to be one of the top five in this category!
 
Sweet Little Sixteen-Chuck Berry, I might have missed seeing it in here

It was mentioned...

But back when Chuck sang it, 16 wasn't considered jailbait in the same way it is now. Neither was 17....and last I checked, 19 is legal everywhere. 16 and 17 are legal in some states. (Yes, stll, look it up.)

So, the real question is; do songs that were normal in their era and now considered jailbait-ish really count?

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
 
Back
Top Bottom