• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Songs that reference jailbait...

Two by Queen -
Sail away sweet sister
Tie your mother down

Depending on interpretation, Sinatra - The Best is yet to come ("Wait till your charms are right for these arms to surround)
 
"Love At First Feel," AC/DC

ahem:

"You never told me where you came from
You never told me your name
I didn't know if you were legal tender
But I spent you just the same
I didn't think it could happen to me
But I fell in love in the first degree"
 
Come Back When You Grow Up Girl by Bobby Vee

Come back when you grow up, girl
You're still livin' in a paper-doll world
Livin' ain't easy, lovin's twice as tough
So come back, baby, when you grow up

You look real good like a woman now
Your mind hasn't gotten the message somehow
So if you can't take it 'n' the goin' gets rough
Come back, baby, when you grow up

I want you girl but your wide-eyed innocence
Has really messed up my mind, yeah-eah-eah
I'd rather you get your very first heartbreak
Somewhere else along the line

Come back when you grow up, girl
You're still livin' in a paper-doll world
Some day be a woman ready to love
Come back, baby, when you grow up

Come back when you grow up, girl
You've still got a lotta time left in the world
You'll some day be a woman ready to love
Come back, baby, when you grow up
 
These are the Maggie May lyrics that make me go...hmmm....

"It's late September and I really should be back at school"
"The mornin' sun when it's in your face really shows your age."
"You led me away from home 'cause you didn't want to be alone. "

'I suppose I could collect my books and get on back to school.
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a livin' out o' playin' pool."

Anyway, that's sort of how I always took it...that he was a high school-aged kid that fell for an older woman that broke his heart.
 
These are the Maggie May lyrics that make me go...hmmm....

"It's late September and I really should be back at school"
"The mornin' sun when it's in your face really shows your age."
"You led me away from home 'cause you didn't want to be alone. "

'I suppose I could collect my books and get on back to school.
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a livin' out o' playin' pool."

Anyway, that's sort of how I always took it...that he was a high school-aged kid that fell for an older woman that broke his heart.

Yeah, one of those Summer of '42 kind of things.
 
I dunno if this one's been mentioned-Too gawdam lazy to go check- But Kiss's "Christine Sixteen" from 1977 is another one. I remember it being played "In heavy rotation" on Q-94, the teenybopper station in Richmond back then...
 
These are the Maggie May lyrics that make me go...hmmm....

"It's late September and I really should be back at school"
"The mornin' sun when it's in your face really shows your age."
"You led me away from home 'cause you didn't want to be alone. "

'I suppose I could collect my books and get on back to school.
Or steal my daddy's cue and make a livin' out o' playin' pool."

Anyway, that's sort of how I always took it...that he was a high school-aged kid that fell for an older woman that broke his heart.

Yeah, one of those Summer of '42 kind of things.

If not a Holden Caulfield kind of thing. Still, the song's protagonist has always struck me as an older "kid", freshman college-aged. (or is Maggie the protagonist?)
 
Back
Top Bottom