• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker EIA Code CR 942 HR

Hull Rust

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hey, been scrolling through the codes and I can't find a solid ID in this. I'll post pictures, 1950s - 60s time frame.

Any help with an ID would be much appreciated, thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
There are no EIA codes there. Cone numbers are just that, cone numbers.

That said, those are likely Stromberg Carlson drivers.

Let's see a pic of the round one from the back, please.
 
Nix the Stromberg.

I think they're Misco or Carbonneau

But, i am not certain.

They appear to be cadmium plated, that's probably a good indicator they're not Stromberg.

Edit: seeing the plastic voice coil cover makes me think they're mid - later 70's. The red cones are a bit unusual that late.

I expected to see a transformer mount on the round driver.

Do you have any back story on them?
 
Nix the Stromberg.

I think they're Misco or Carbonneau

But, i am not certain.

They appear to be cadmium plated, that's probably a good indicator they're not Stromberg.

Edit: seeing the plastic voice coil cover makes me think they're mid - later 70's. The red cones are a bit unusual that late.

I expected to see a transformer mount on the round driver.

Do you have any back story on them?

I don’t know anything about them, came in as part of a trade. The one I opened has a tinsel flying loose, which is unfortunate.

Looking at the solder connections it isn’t pro work. With the binding posts I thought they might date further back. Maybe this is a home brew.
 
Back
Top Bottom