• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speaker felt for tweeters

trinhsman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I would like to add some felt around my tweeters. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
The felt from Michaels is less than 1/8 inch thick. It is like a fabric. I would like 1/4-1/2 inch thick, similar to what is used on the LSA speakers. There was a guy online that used to make this, but his website does not work anymore. A company called Diffractionbegone. That product looked very promising to me. It is even mentioned on the forums here with glowing reviews.
 
Why do you want felt? It doesn't limit diffraction that much. I do have 2 sets of the same speaker, one with and one w/o and there really is no difference. Both came from the factory like that.
My speakers have been totally modified with new cabinets and no grills. It was suggested by Mike Morrow, from Morrow audio that I might want to try felt. He doesn't sell the felt, but knows my system from the cables I have bought from him as well as my posts on his forums. I just feel it would be worth a try. My cabinets are "hard right angles", so according to the research I have done, the felt should help. If I can buy it reasonable, it's worth a try. IMHO
 
So what do you think about Sutherland Felt Co ? from what I can tell you can order any thickest you need and by the yard?
 
So what do you think about Sutherland Felt Co ? from what I can tell you can order any thickest you need and by the yard?

I checked them out. Wonder if they would sell me about 2 feet of a felt strip..........kind of doubt it. I might email them and tell them what I am trying to do, and see if they have some scrap laying around, cheap.
 
Back
Top Bottom