• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

Here is another pair from the same seller from my above post.

00C0C_eoCG0XlTLf1_600x450.jpg

Here is up for your consideration a floor standing configuration... sonic/acoustic developed... custom built speakers!

*ONE OF KIND !

This Unique audio system has been put together by acoustic specialist of the sound research to improve Natural Sound most of the 2 CHANNELS audio systems!!!

They great for TUBE amplifiers as well !


The sound from this system SO "Natural" that you practically do not need to make any adjustments at tone controls of the amplifier!!!

Please take in look at the pictures and ask a QQQ??? if you need an additional INFO !!!

Speaker stands are included !

Will openly consider all reasonable offers ... and of course you can listen them prior purchase !


If you Good to feel a sound and need something which make your sound system a UNIQUE...here it is... a SPEAKERS that have a beautiful "VOICE"!!!

DON'T MISS IT OUT!!

To be honest, the craftsmanship looks pretty good! The box looks way too small for the woofer though, and I hate horn tweeters. I'd kinda like to hear them just out of curiosity. I bet they make loud noises!
 
To be honest, the craftsmanship looks pretty good! The box looks way too small for the woofer though, and I hate horn tweeters. I'd kinda like to hear them just out of curiosity. I bet they make loud noises!
A poorly implemented horn is absolute torture to me, but I am always curious to hear more speakers.
 
To be honest, the craftsmanship looks pretty good! The box looks way too small for the woofer though, and I hate horn tweeters. I'd kinda like to hear them just out of curiosity. I bet they make loud noises!
I agree on the craftsmanship! Me likey!! I just wonder if the large woofer is even hooked up and/or working?!?
 
Here is another pair from the same seller from my above post.

00C0C_eoCG0XlTLf1_600x450.jpg

Here is up for your consideration a floor standing configuration... sonic/acoustic developed... custom built speakers!

*ONE OF KIND !

This Unique audio system has been put together by acoustic specialist of the sound research to improve Natural Sound most of the 2 CHANNELS audio systems!!!

They great for TUBE amplifiers as well !


The sound from this system SO "Natural" that you practically do not need to make any adjustments at tone controls of the amplifier!!!

Please take in look at the pictures and ask a QQQ??? if you need an additional INFO !!!

Speaker stands are included !

Will openly consider all reasonable offers ... and of course you can listen them prior purchase !


If you Good to feel a sound and need something which make your sound system a UNIQUE...here it is... a SPEAKERS that have a beautiful "VOICE"!!!

DON'T MISS IT OUT!!
The badges on the bottom right say Zenith. FWIW
 

Pair of KLH 17s that somebody thought would look good with a crappy black paint job and four layers of plastic screen as grill cloth. As bad as they look the drivers are original and functioning. Found them in a thrift for three bucks. Almost walked past them without looking, glad I didn't.
A pair of Marantz Imperial 7's were for sale locally that had been painted black. Horrible speakers to begin with. And the guy wanted way too much for them.
 
A pair of Marantz Imperial 7's were for sale locally that had been painted black. Horrible speakers to begin with. And the guy wanted way too much for them.

After I got them home I took some of the paint off of one speaker and found out why someone painted them, lots of dents and stains. The only way to bring them back to a wood finish would be to put on new veneer. I'm debating painting them with a black hammered finish or using them as my first attempt at veneering. I already have a rebuilt of KLH 6s so I'm in no big hurry. At least I have spare drivers if I blow one on the 6s
 
I remember someone posting an ad in dollars and sense for a pair of Yamaha NS-1000's, someone had replaced those cheap and nasty Beryllium domes with some plastic bullet tweeters, everyone knows they are a drop in replacement. :crazy:
 
A Pair of L36 I once found. Had to track down a pair of 125a drivers on eBay to fix the "upgrade".

As a bonus, one of the port tubes was obviously not stock. Not sure why it was modified by the previous owner.

View attachment 1272915 View attachment 1272916

View attachment 1272917 View attachment 1272918

I bought a pair of these on eBay, new old stock. They are great subwoofers, used in their proper context. Like, in a subwoofer cabinet, preferably in a car.

20200508_180308.jpg
 
I still have them in the garage somewhere, maybe they will be fun for a project at some point.

Are yours 10s or 12s? They did a BR and an IB model as well. I have the data sheet with the recommended enclosure sizes if you do use them for a project.
 
Are yours 10s or 12s? They did a BR and an IB model as well. I have the data sheet with the recommended enclosure sizes if you do use them for a project.

I have not looked at them in a while, but since they fit in the JBL L36 cabinet, they have to be 10"
 
Craigslist seems to be where the next generation of speaker geniuses are hiding...

JBL Cardboard mod.jpg

Leads the ad with:

"Selling a pair of JBL Studio 890 Floor Speakers, which retail for $1600 total. Speakers are 4 years old, in great shape, just too big for my current living situation. Sound quality is fantastic."

Somewhere near the bottom ad is this little gem:

"On one of the JBL tower speakers, one of the 2 8" subwoofers has a small dent in the dust shield which distorts the sound slightly, so I removed it and replaced it with a piece of cardboard. The sub is included and is an easy fix if you have the time. Even with the missing 8" sub, the system provides lots of bass."
 
Back
Top Bottom