• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

I just saw these speakers on US Audio mart... slightly used and only $31,500.00, these score an absolute zero on the Wife Approval Factor scale... my wife says they look like something out of a Jim Carrey movie like "The Mask"

Avantgarde Duo SD iTRON G3

5606095-939987c7-newest-generation-avantgarde-duo-sd-g3-fully-active-itron-version-mint.jpg5606096-ae933f93-newest-generation-avantgarde-duo-sd-g3-fully-active-itron-version-mint.jpg
 
Well I don't have a wife or kids at home anymore but 99% of the time I'm not going with any esoteric Picasso styled speakers, not that I could afford them.
 
More infinity upgrades
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251119_234325_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20251119_234325_eBay.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20251119_234309_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20251119_234309_eBay.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 26
One of these is not like the other
That's just wrong. The Imperial 6's are one of my favorite vintage speakers.
But I would buy those for $50. The right woofer can always be found on ebay.
One of my 6's has black cones, the other brown. They look bad with the grills off. But they sound great!
 
Back
Top Bottom