• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Speakers with questionable "upgrades"... post your findings here.

That AR upgrade - that's actually the original AR 1, which used a Western Electric full range driver as its tweeter - they tested all the tweeters out there, and the full range WE was superior to the Bozak, Jensen, and what ever else was out there at the time.
While it may be true that the midrange was better with the WE, most 1s are parted out - there is a strong demand for the WE as a full range driver, especially in Asia. Hence the high price asked.
 
That AR upgrade - that's actually the original AR 1, which used a Western Electric full range driver as its tweeter - they tested all the tweeters out there, and the full range WE was superior to the Bozak, Jensen, and what ever else was out there at the time.
While it may be true that the midrange was better with the WE, most 1s are parted out - there is a strong demand for the WE as a full range driver, especially in Asia. Hence the high price asked.
Interesting. Live and learn. Thanks
 
Has anyone even seen the cat lately? :dunno: :oops::biggrin:
Hopefully it didn't get sealed up inside. :yikes:
You reminded me of the deck I built 3 years ago. I wound up forgetting I set my small cooler of beer on the ground and built the deck over it. I had put enough of the top boards on that I wasn't going to remove them all to retrieve it. :rolleyes::crazy:
[/QUOTE]

I might have had to go in if it'd been a craft IPA! :beerchug:
 
Hopefully it didn't get sealed up inside. :yikes:
You reminded me of the deck I built 3 years ago. I wound up forgetting I set my small cooler of beer on the ground and built the deck over it. I had put enough of the top boards on that I wasn't going to remove them all to retrieve it. :rolleyes::crazy:

I might have had to go in if it'd been a craft IPA! :beerchug:
[/QUOTE]
Na, just some Deschutes Porter. :biggrin:
 
What the............I'm channeling images of "supervan" now.....and all those 1970's "shaggin' wagons"! lol!

supervan-1977-movie-6-nw.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom