• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Star Trek "Enterprise" anyone?

Eric H

Addicted Member
I missed this show when it first came out in 2001, too bad because it is really good.

I just finished watching all four seasons in about two months time and I would rank it up there with TNG and Classic Trek for it's enjoyment factor.
I think my two favorite characters are T'Pol and Dr Phlox though all the main characters are pretty strong.

Some good good things about waiting till now to watch them: HD and 16:9, something I didn't have when it was new, also no commercials!
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm a Star Trek fan, but was caught off gaurd with your statemet. After looking it up now I remeber and I did watch the series and enjoyed it too. It is pretty good, But I do like the original Star Trek, TNG, Deep Space Nine, and Voyaoger better though.

I think they did a good job creating Captian Janeway on Star Trek Voyouger, being able to blend in the qualities of a fine woman and the disipline required for Authority. Kinda like my wife....yes dear, Ill be right there....Excuse me, I have to run!
 
Seems to me there were "reworked" episodes made a few years ago of the original series. I missed most of them but did see a few and if I recall corectly they had additional, modified specail effects that were really good. I remember talking to a coworker about it and he told me the series was called "Star Trek 2.0" or something to that effect. Like I said, the extra special effects were really good and blended with the original ones superbly.
One that I particularly remember was the episode about the "planet smasher." One of my all time favorites. The additional special effects really made it like I was seeing it for the first time again.
Maybe someone knows more about these episodes and can share something about them.
 
I liked this series a lot. Jolene Blalock was hot in her skin-tight pixie suit (not quite as hot as Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9, but that's another discussion). I especially liked the fact that not all the machines and gadgets worked perfectly -- often far from it -- aboard the first USS Enterprise.
 

Attachments

  • Blalock.jpg
    Blalock.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I watched the first season of Enterprise when it aired but lost track. Did you buy the dvds or are they being broadcast? One thing I think we can all agree on...T'Pol is off the charts hot, in my top 5 as far as sci-fi babes go.
 
I watched it on DVD it is a pretty good series....I really enjoyed the the two episodes in which they go into the evil alternate universe ...even the opening credits are modified to reflect the Evil Federation. And then there is the episode where they enter the Kirk era Star Trek by meshing the plot line to the old "Tholian Web" episode from the original series (IIRC).
 
You can watch the revamped original series on Netflix now, as well as Enterprise. I think the other shows are there too, but Enterprise was my second favorite after the original series. ST TNG runs third for me, but the rest I didn't have much interest in.
I guess the original series wil always be my favorite since I grew up watching Cap'n Kirk run around the galaxy seducing green women :D
 
I picked up two seasons of it on DVD at a flea market...and that was the first time that I knew it even existed, as it was never shown on local TV here. I enjoyed watching it very much; I thought it was well-done. At this risk of committing trekkie sacrilege that might get me delivered to Klingons for punishment, nostalgia factor aside, I think I might almost prefer it to the original series (?)... but it's hard to say, given that they are different things from different times.


To partially redeem myself, I will say that I definitely preferred the original Battlestar Galactica series (the Lorne Green one) to the later re-make. While both were good, they "stretched" too far and tried a little too hard in the later version. Sometimes it got a bit tedious and stupid.
 
Last edited:
My local library had the entire series, so I borrowed the discs and watched the entire series a few years ago and really enjoyed it.
 
Eh, it started pretty good but got bogged down in season 3 and the final for me. The insects deal was where I lost interest.
 
I must apologize. I honestly didn't mean to hijack the "Enterprise" thread with my 2.0 comments. I had forgotten about that series cause I just wasn't into it that much nor was I into "Voyager" BUT that's not saying they were bad shows. I think most anything that carried on the Trek tradition can be respected.
Just a little history: I was 11 years old whenever the original series hit the airwaves and when it did, it blew this kid's mind! Where I lived each new episode was shown at 10:30 PM on Sunday night. Yep, the night before school on Monday. I loved that TV show so much that my parents made a deal with me. If I went to bed at 8 o'clock that Sunday evening, they promised to wake me up right before 10:30 when they went to bed and I could have the TV and stay up and watch "Star Trek"!!
I would sit right in front of the TV taking in every second of that show all the way till the "Seal of Good Television Practice" rolled out of sight!
I'd still like to watch the "revamped" 2.0 or whatever it's called. And yeah, I had some pretty good parents too!
 
I watched the whole series through Amazon Prime, didn't cost me a thing beyond the Prime membership. :yes:

The 2.0 version of the original series was just the original 60's Trek that had the special effects redone with modern CGI.

They actually did a good job and I thought it helped the show to look less dated.

If you buy the Blu ray version of TOS (the original series) you have the option of watching it either way, or even switching back and forth as you watch to compare.
 
Liked the original ST back when it was new and I was a kid ...
TNG was good in places, but a bit PC and went on too long.
Didn't like Voyager - seemed like Janeway lost the ship too much at the beginning ...
We did like DS9 -
Watched Enterprise until midway through 3rd season and gave up when Nazis aliens appeared ... Alien Nazi ...!

Liked the ST reboot film - I'm sure JJ Abrams had a tough time making anything fresh from all that back story stuff - I look forward to the next films in the series ...
 
Last edited:
The problem being that the movie basically turns on it's head all the other shows that followed the original Star Trek because of the goofy storyline.

So the star trek timeline gets altered. If that means no more John fluke retard and company, I see nothing wrong with it.


.-.-.-
 
Back
Top Bottom