• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Star Trek "Enterprise" anyone?

I know that the new movie was well received by fans at the Star Trek Convention in 2009. You never know what to expect from the Trekkie's as they are a fickle bunch. Some of the hard core ones still believe that the original is the only series and everything else is just sac-religious.
 
big fan of all treks except this one. never got through a single episode all because of that nancy boy scott dracula. he is the most pathetic actor in all of hollywood. quantum leap sucked huge and he sucks, could have picked 10 other guys but NO, had to be scott..............:thumbsdn:
 
A big "Star Trek" fan, any of them had/has it all over the lame ass "Star Wars" Some don't like "Voyager" but I though it was the best of the series but only after they got rid of Kess and 7of9 showed up.
 
I'm a fan of all the trek's (..especially Voyager), but not DS9...hated that one...Never could get into the whole space station concept, and didn't like the characters at all....:no:

I really enjoyed "Enterprise" but originally lost interest at season 3 (..that season long Zindi story arc) 'cause my local tv network would interrupt scheduled episodes with a sports broadcast...or something else, (...aussie TV networks have not one clue on how to programme sci-fi) and I lost track of the story.

Seeing it now on DVD...I really like that season....it works very well as one big looooooooong episode, the only criticism is the climatic end we've been waiting a whole season for, almost instantly segues into the season 4 intro..taking the edge off the climax. The "mirror" episodes were great too, it was amazing seeing the old 1960's constitution class starship done with updated effects...
 
Last edited:
I liked this series a lot. Jolene Blalock was hot in her skin-tight pixie suit (not quite as hot as Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9, but that's another discussion). I especially liked the fact that not all the machines and gadgets worked perfectly -- often far from it -- aboard the first USS Enterprise.
Jeri Ryan has my vote, for sure.
 
big fan of all treks except this one. never got through a single episode all because of that nancy boy scott dracula. he is the most pathetic actor in all of hollywood. quantum leap sucked huge and he sucks, could have picked 10 other guys but NO, had to be scott..............:thumbsdn:

Aside from all the canon violations, he was one of the weak point of the cast and crew. The other was the writers.
 
big fan of all treks except this one. never got through a single episode all because of that nancy boy scott dracula. he is the most pathetic actor in all of hollywood. quantum leap sucked huge and he sucks, could have picked 10 other guys but NO, had to be scott..............:thumbsdn:

Aside from all the canon violations, he was one of the weak point of the cast and crew. The others were the writers.
 
Aside from all the canon violations, he was one of the weak point of the cast and crew. The others were the writers.

The canon was violated long before Enterprise. TNG did it in the Pilot episode. DS9 was also guilty to a lesser degree.

The worst Captain of the franchise was John Fluke Retard. The combination of of the character and the casting of Patrick Stewart were to blame.

As for Voyager, the whole story is not plausible. The Maqui and the Voyager crew are fighting one moment, and the next, they are one big happy family, right...

There was less strife on Voyager than in the Brady household...:thumbsdn:

The worst sin created in the trek universe was creation of the wesley crusher character.
 
I always thought that TOS looked kinda "Cheap 'N' Nasty" after the movies & subsequent series..A number of the women xtras looked like streetwalkers, & the "$1.98" sets/props they used...Ugggh ! We sure thought TOS was The Business back in the day, tho, didn't we ?!? I DID NOT much care for Picard, either at first, but he kinda "grew" on me. I LOVED Q, he was a deliciously Nasty type who delighted in tweaking Picard & Riker, who both WAY too "Uptight". Kathryn Janeway left me kinda-"Meh", but I liked Ben Sisko. Liked Odo, he was sorta a Smartass, too. Liked the big, fat barfly alien in DS-9...They even made an episode or 2 around him. Maybe someday when the bosses at Paramount want some more moolah, maybe they'll resurrect the ST franchise...
 
Take Wesley crusher out of the discussion, and the worst trek episode ever belongs to TOS. Spock's brain!&"#*


.-.-.-

Yeah....that's one I skip from the dvd set. "Spectre of the Gun" is another disaster...the gunfight at the OK corral with the two dimensional set. At that point the show had already been cancelled, there was absolutely no budget, and no one wanted to be there.
 
The questions asked in the original series by top quality writers have never been exceeded in any other series or movie. Richard Matheson, Poul Anderson, others . . .
That being said, I can pick and choose what I want to watch, and there's a lot of it.
 
The questions asked in the original series by top quality writers have never been exceeded in any other series or movie. Richard Matheson, Poul Anderson, others . . .
That being said, I can pick and choose what I want to watch, and there's a lot of it.

You are talking about writers from the golden era of sci-fi. Most of today's sci-fi writers fail by comparison.




.-.-.-
 
Elaborate.

546422-bigthumbnail.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom