• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stoner Rock playlist

Shtig99

Persona Au Gratin
Subscriber
I went back and searched and it appears no dedicated thread exists for this genre. It's not quite metal, not quite doom, not quite grunge, but all those adjectives fit these bands.

Three American bands are widely regarded as the forefathers of the scene, Kyuss, Monster Magnet, and Fu Manchu, but the Swedish and Norwegians produced lots of great stuff in late 90s, early 2000s.

One of the first QOTSA songs after Josh Homme left Kyuss
 
Register to hide this ad
I went back and searched and it appears no dedicated thread exists for this genre. It's not quite metal, not quite doom, not quite grunge, but all those adjectives fit these bands.

Three American bands are widely regarded as the forefathers of the scene, Kyuss, Monster Magnet, and Fu Manchu, but the Swedish and Norwegians produced lots of great stuff in late 90s, early 2000s.

One of the first QOTSA songs after Josh Homme left Kyuss

PS: This thread topic landed me in quite a deep rabbit hole @ YT. Thanks for that! (-;
 
One of the greats..

High on Fire - Death is the Communion

View attachment 2536177

"Fury Whip" -- track one - starts off w/ a bang.

Lots of action from the drums.

Vocals are leanin' @ that "Black~Death" tone territory ... but I'll give 'em chance and listen to the whole album.

PS: The gain and tone @ the geetars is really good and that drumming... damned good.
 
Last edited:
Interesting... more I listen, the more the vocals sound like a mashup of Lemmy and Tom Araya (Slayer).

lol, I hope anyone in this particular thread knows who Tom Araya is...

The band is primarily Matt Pike, Sleep is the truly Stoner project but High on Fire has enough Stoner that I think it's appropriate for this thread.
Glad you're giving them a listen.
 
lol, I hope anyone in this particular thread knows who Tom Araya is...

The band is primarily Matt Pike, Sleep is the truly Stoner project but High on Fire has enough Stoner that I think it's appropriate for this thread.
Glad you're giving them a listen.

I like what I'm hearing on this album.
 
Back
Top Bottom