• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sx 1280

maclvrbr

Super Member
I am considering purchasing a pioneer sx 1280. Is it true that if it ever needed repair some of its components are unobtainable? Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
just one chip (pa1002) in the tuner, the output transistors now can be replaced by a few folks in the know...

Other specialized tuner parts can be salvaged from across the entire x80 line.
 
I would encourage you to complete your deal. I have one I snatched from the shelf of a second rate pawn shop several years ago. After a thorough cleanup and two applications of Deoxit, I've had no problems with it. I will recap at some point, but it sounds just fine as is.
 
If the sale is local, and you can be assured that it works before buying it and that it looks in good shape, and of course the price is reasonable, then it isn't that risky. As long as you then don't try to drive multiple sets of speakers to deafening levels, you will likely be able to use it for a long time to come. Just don't abuse it, keep it clean, use it regularly, and it will very likely work a long time. Always possible it won't, but it likely will. These things were well built. Bought a SX-980 used that still works perfectly, and I bought a used SX-1980 that I use every day, sometimes for many hours a day, and it has been flawless.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom