• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

sx 727

Register to hide this ad
Can you be a bit more specific??? FM Antenna connected?? How high up is it? How far away is transmitting tower(s)? Do you have hills between you and the transmitters? Tall Bldg's? City dweller or Suburbs? Only in Stereo or in Mono too? (Stereo takes a stronger signal to get clear sounding).

Have you had the 727 a long time and it's generally degrading or is it a new acquisition? Do you have copies of the Owners and Service Manuals, Schematics? If not get them here...... http://www.kallhovde.com/pioneer/Pioneer/Main scan page.html
 
Thanks for the link, it is a new acquisition and hooked up to a indoor antenna. I have several receivers and tuners and was very surprised by the reception.I enjoy collecting vintage equipment and just getting started to try and repair them. I deoxed all the controls, switches, etc. just trying to find the next step. The receiver is very clean internally no signs of any caps leaking, etc. I have a LXI receiver and of all the receivers and tuners i have that one has the best fm reception.
 
Back
Top Bottom