• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-939 worth the effort?

I would think unless you are listening to complex orchestral passages or highly dynamic passages, it would probably not be noticable. If it's running fine as is, button it up and enjoy it and the 939. Congrat's on getting it working. Write down your impressions, and document all of your problems and solutions. Keep for future reference. The BIGGEST THING is getting away from "NEW GUYITIS"! Basically it's an unconcious desire to get it running and listen to it "LAST WEEK"! Slow down and if/when you find yourself rushing things, step back, throw some cold water on your face, take a walk around the block, do some horizontal exercises with the wife or girlfriend (may they never meet!!!). Then after you've calmed down, go back to the bench. Getting tired? Pack it in for the night. Most people make a shitstorm of mistakes when tired. And NEVER, EVER RUSH! SLOW DOWN AND KEEP IT STEADY! It'll still be there in the morning. Doing it right the 1st time takes a LOT less time than any subsequent troubleshooting and repairs. I still get New Guyitis after 11 years, but I know now that getting up, and doing something else will help slow me down. Find something that will take your mind off of it for a while.

Good Luck
Larry
 
Yes, learned a lot! This not a simple one to deal with. But worth it in every respect. I wouldn't be possible without the help of yours and Larry! Audiokarma rocks due to people like you guys!
Thanks a lot! I will give final update when I get yours KSA1220 installed in it.
 
I would think unless you are listening to complex orchestral passages or highly dynamic passages, it would probably not be noticable. If it's running fine as is, button it up and enjoy it and the 939. Congrat's on getting it working. Write down your impressions, and document all of your problems and solutions. Keep for future reference. The BIGGEST THING is getting away from "NEW GUYITIS"! Basically it's an unconcious desire to get it running and listen to it "LAST WEEK"! Slow down and if/when you find yourself rushing things, step back, throw some cold water on your face, take a walk around the block, do some horizontal exercises with the wife or girlfriend (may they never meet!!!). Then after you've calmed down, go back to the bench. Getting tired? Pack it in for the night. Most people make a shitstorm of mistakes when tired. And NEVER, EVER RUSH! SLOW DOWN AND KEEP IT STEADY! It'll still be there in the morning. Doing it right the 1st time takes a LOT less time than any subsequent troubleshooting and repairs. I still get New Guyitis after 11 years, but I know now that getting up, and doing something else will help slow me down. Find something that will take your mind off of it for a while.

Good Luck
Larry
Larry: Thank you for your great advice and will follow it! Now only :music:
 
After continuously running for last few days buttoned it up and connected to my main system and it is running excellent. Many thanks to Larry and Bob (zebulon1) for their enormous help and keeping patience with me! Attached is the picture of all components Replaced Components.jpg that are replaced.
 
I'm having a problem with a resistor burning on the main amp board on my SX-525....the resistor is R28 I checked the voltage on pin 6 coming from the +B1 on the p/s board which should be 50V...while reading the voltage on +B1 I was reading 40.7 then it started dropping....the same thing happened when measureing +B2 it should be 25V, it measured 23.6V then began to drop....any help would be appreciated....
 
With my very limited knowledge, I would suggest first to check all the diodes and Q1 on the power supply board. Make sure you get the correct voltages at B1, B2 and B3.
 
Back
Top Bottom