• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Synchro Lab 95 Plinth

67 grad

Active Member
20180415_203326_HDR.jpg Anyone seen this plinth for a G-d Synchro Lab 95? It's gorgeous, solid walnut, early-mid '70's. No G-d logo.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
That's why it's so unusual...
Just kidding! Ran into a problem posting the pic from my phone. Hopefully it will be forthcoming...

There it is. Nice!

index.php
 
I have that, but I'm pretty sure it's plastic! I purchased it online because I thought it was wood...
 
This is the real wood deal. One of the nicest I've seen.
I see some like it in Google Images now. Was wondering if they were common, or maybe it was custom, since there was no logo, but the logo's on the dust cover.
Thanks for the responses!
 
Any comments on the TT itself?
I used to have a Lab 80, traded it on a Dual 1019, which I still have and play with a Shure V15 IV and JICO SAS.
 
IMG_0199.JPG Those bases are pretty. Got a nice Zero 100 with a crappy plastic base. Bought several 100s one I thought had the "wood" base that was the faux wood plastic base. Used it for awhile. Got a third Zero with a wood base that broke in pieces due to poor shipping. The bonus was this Zero 100 had a Shure V15 type III. Kept the best of the parts. Wood base and the Shure cart. Sold off the other two Zero.. Just need to find the back plastic piece of the dust cover. Found the main dust cover in good shape in a dumpster cover in mud and snow.
 
I assume the "Zero" was for zero tracking angle error, looking at the arm. Never heard of that one!
Cool red storage lining.
 
Thanks again y'all for the input. I think I've got what I was looking for.
Still open to comments as to the SL95B's "place" in turntable history.
I traded the Lab 80 on the Dual because the Lab 80 tonearm seemed too massive for the Shure V15 carts I was trying to use in it.
As mentioned, the Dual has done beautifully with the V15 III, IV, and IV with JICO SAS.
 
I liked the SL 95B better with a Shure M75 EJ than with any of the V 15 line. The arm is not up to Dual or ELAC Miracord's best.

"The arm is not up to Dual or ELAC Miracord's best" - that's about what I thought.
This one had an M75 ED, which I've replaced with an M97Xe because I have a 78 stylus for it. Have a friend who has a great collection of 78s. I haven't got to listen to ANYTHING on it yet, and I'll be away for another week. It belongs to a lady friend who bought it in Germany in the '70s.
 
Thanks again y'all for the input. I think I've got what I was looking for.
Still open to comments as to the SL95B's "place" in turntable history.
I traded the Lab 80 on the Dual because the Lab 80 tonearm seemed too massive for the Shure V15 carts I was trying to use in it.
As mentioned, the Dual has done beautifully with the V15 III, IV, and IV with JICO SAS.

The LAB 80 Mk II was the last Garrard changer ever built which was built the old Garrard way without Plessey bean counter interference. And in fine order, better than anything other than the 401 built thereafter. The SL 95B was a considerably cost cut LAB 80 Mk II replacement (basically a AutoSlim mechanism on steroids with a lighter tracking arm). After the Zero 100 and Zero 100 SB, it was all gradually downhill to the demise of the original Garrard, Loricraft later revived Garrard as you and I know it with the 501 and newer.
 
Also, do bear in mind, that old hardened grease is the enemy of vintage Garrards of all models.
I was surprised to find, when I turned it over, that the grease I could see was a trifle jelled, but still quite soft. I'll only be using this in manual mode anyway. Any notes on spindle/ motor lubricants?
 
Oil, using the Zoom Spout turbine oil or 3 in 1 Blue motor oil are appropriate choices. Grease is debated about by many, and I need to check for the best for grease.
 
Oil, using the Zoom Spout turbine oil or 3 in 1 Blue motor oil are appropriate choices. Grease is debated about by many, and I need to check for the best for grease.

Thanks! Hope not to get into greasing.
I'll look into lubing after I get back from my trip.
I've always kept my Dual spindle and motor lubed. The top motor bearing is exposed and easy. The bottom requires disassembly of the lower motor housing, but is necessary from time to time.
 
Back
Top Bottom