• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tannoy pics..nudie included

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
here ya go./

tannoyfront.jpg

tannoyinside.jpg

tannoymallorcansfront.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Nice stuff Jack. All the Tannoys I've heard and loved where 15" but I bet these 12" share most of their big brother's strengths.

Any listening impressions so far?
 
Those look in very good condition, but, man, are those cabinets small. Practically bookshelf speakers. How're you liking them so far?

- JP
 
Hell yea they are small, they basically shoehorned that driver in there....I am waiting for the larger cabs I got thru ebay and Outlaw to experiment soon.

They are different,,they didnt WOW me out...but I guess in british style, they sound so polite and smooth...everything is there, just non of it is in your face..hard to know on what side of the fence I am on..used to the "wrong sound" or the Tannoys are just that laid back, but accurate.

Now I connected the McIntosh Ainico supertweets that I have been using with the EV's and that improved things quite a bit....

But I honestly debate on the merits of the sound worthiness of so many Benjamins spent on speakers....When my Audax drivers arrive and cabs, I may experiment and see what stays and what goes...As I need funds for the David Berning Microzotl headphone amp with mods to be used also as a linestage..

how much of what I hear different could be a point source issue and takes time for the brain to adjust..

Now, you guys check out the cabs that this guy is selling on Audiogon,,,,wouldnt any driver look well in that?

clicky for linky
 
Jack,

What vintage are those Tannoys? I bought a pair of Auratone 12s this summer that were similar sized with an EV 12trxb inside. (I'm guessing they were early-mid 70's) The cabinets were beat, so I pulled the drivers & put them aside for a future project. After finding the EV site it looked like I should be building cabinets at least the size of a 4-drawer filing cabinet & there isn't enough room for that in the house.

Tom
 
mine are around 70-74....

I will have 12" Tannoys, 12" ev trxb and 15" Audax....its going to be a concentric museum...
 
Back
Top Bottom