• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TDL Electronics Owners Thread

I hope to buy a set of TDL Studio 4 within a few days.

I would like to get confirmation that these looks like they are original drivers.

Thanks in advance.

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
 
For those on fb I do have an imf tdl owners group I’ve had slowly building over the months. Would love to have more people with knowledge on the Tdls in the group. I have someone looking for tdl monitor crossover schematics. The 4 way.
 
It very much seems that most people that are into the finer things in life are generally not interested in Facebook and prefer traditional Forums.
 
I just block all the news stuff and focus solely on audio as much as I can. A few memes here and there. Anyways. Anyone got that crossover schematic?
 
Hi all, newbie here, just found a pair of Tdl Studio 5 locally for 100 euro, anyone had these before? They r in good shape. Worthi it?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20211002_145227.jpg
    Screenshot_20211002_145227.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 16
Picked these up on a whim, because they literally looked brand new.
They look like TDL Studio, but different tweeter, and no badging at all.IMG_20221019_124633753.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20221019_124704358.jpg
    IMG_20221019_124704358.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20221020_152135870.jpg
    IMG_20221020_152135870.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 10
Came across a set of TDL monitor m. Those are DIY kit, built in Denmark 25-30yrs ago. Sounds beautiful. Dented tweeters, one is un-dented, and is ok the other is still dented with a hole in the dome :( - seems to be the proper TDL monitor tweeter. Can tweeter domes from TDL monitor compact be used for replacement? Link below.

Planning to recap at some time, and maybe dampen the cabinet a bit more. On this unit the builder has used a combination of Rockwool and synthetic wool for tuning the transmission line. The sisters of the speaker has no internal dampening, only back and the walls of the transmission line. There was never a front cover on these (hence the dented domes :) but I was thinking of building some.

Let's see how it goes, i brought them home last Thursday in s surprise move. And got very very close to a divorce in the follow up argument with my wife Friday morning. She is still adamant they should go, but damn they are good sounding speakers.

Driven by a single Linn LK85, i have a chakra 4100 that could be tested (but reserved so far for my Linn Katans that I upgraded with the TDL's)
PXL_20221129_141931933.jpg PXL_20221129_141920707.jpg PXL_20221129_141902844.jpg PXL_20221129_141855555.jpg PXL_20221129_141905136.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1447888891...xYBKtpOTJm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
 
For those on fb I do have an imf tdl owners group I’ve had slowly building over the months. Would love to have more people with knowledge on the Tdls in the group. I have someone looking for tdl monitor crossover schematics. The 4 way.


Yes it's been rather quiet on the FB page. There's really only a few of us that are active on it. I really think that FB is the zone where many discerning IMF owners frequent. I must admit there's more activity on Audiokarma IMF sub-form.
 
Hi I was wondering if anyone on this thread had any manuals, info etc on the TDL RTL-G30's. I've just bought a pair. I have found out they use Vifa bass/mid units and possibly a vifa tweeter also? They sound lovely :)
 
Back
Top Bottom