• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teac a-100

kidthorazine

Active Member
Anyone know anything about or have this cassette deck ? Is it equal to or better then the Pioneer CT-F500 ? Is it worth paying $15 (needs belts also)?
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi kidthorazine!

It just so happens that I have a Teac A-100.
3526776857_606e59343e_o.jpg


It is a nice basic deck and all it needed was the capstan belt which I replaced with a rubber band. I gave about $6.99 for it. I do not know how it would compare to the Pioneer CT-F500 - it is a good sounding deck and it has those great analog VUs!

Mike :D
 
Last edited:
its cool looking but ive been finding highend 3 head machines under $20 at thrifts lately. i picked up a pioneer ctf1250 recently for $10 and CL'd that in a heartbeat.

id keep looking unless you really like that particular machine
 
its cool looking but ive been finding highend 3 head machines under $20 at thrifts lately. i picked up a pioneer ctf1250 recently for $10 and CL'd that in a heartbeat.

id keep looking unless you really like that particular machine

It had the cool vintage factor, that's what caught my eye. If I could have found a 3 head machine for 20 bucks, I wouldn't have even looked at it. :yes:

Mike :D
 
My first cassette deck was an A-100. Bought it new in 1978. Built like a tank mechanically.

I couldn't really put my finger on it, but I didn't really realize that the Dolby encoder/decoder wasn't working in the left channel until 20 years later. When I opened it up, I saw a huge gouge across half the PC board, like someone had dragged a knife or screwdriver. Apparently at least one trace was broken, making the Dolby circuitry FUBAR.

I tossed the TEAC and got a Sony dual-well dubbing deck. Another genius move on my part.
 
Back
Top Bottom