• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics Concise Reference Archive – C01, C03, C04 and related equipment

flatuswalrus

New Member
Hi everyone, I have been building a non-commercial reference website devoted to the Technics Concise component range, particularly the C01, C03 and C04 systems and their directly associated speakers, cassette decks, turntables and accessories. I’m no expert, simply a big fan of the Concise series.

The aim is to bring together verified specifications, regional variants, original manuals, catalogues, brochures, service literature, advertisements and photographs in one place. I have tried to distinguish documented facts from uncertain information rather than filling gaps by assumption.

The archive is now online at:

https://concisearchive.com

It is still an ongoing project, so I would be very interested to hear from anyone who owns this equipment, has original literature, notices an error or can help document a regional version that is not yet covered. Thanks in advance for checking it out.
 
Register to hide this ad
Wow. I love how you setup the navigation on the site. Also very responsive when icon is pressed.
Also I do enjoy the old web page look. Its like it was made in the late 90s
Thanks very much! I prefer how the site looks on a desktop but am happy with the mobile version, too. I honestly didn’t think about that element of the site, as in the appearance being older; that probably shows my age and the fact that this is the first website I’ve made since the early-2000s, so I naturally went to static HTML/CSS/JS. Thanks for checking it out.
 
I just took a look at your site and I agree...very well done.

I remember that line of Technics gear from when I was a kid and I always thought it was cool as hell. Never owned or listened to any but I always liked it.
 
I just took a look at your site and I agree...very well done.

I remember that line of Technics gear from when I was a kid and I always thought it was cool as hell. Never owned or listened to any but I always liked it.
Thank you very much for the kind words. The C01 stack really is quite a unique and impressive little piece of engineering. What kind of setup do you have?
 
Thank you very much for the kind words. The C01 stack really is quite a unique and impressive little piece of engineering. What kind of setup do you have?

I've got Adcom gear. An Adcom GFP815 and two GFA555 II's. I'm bi-amping a pair of SB12.3 that I built from a kit from MadiSound.
 
The SE-C01 came in 2 variants… one having the SH-C01 switch mode power supply… and a version with inbuilt power supply (also bridgable)

IMG_6668.jpegIMG_6666.jpegIMG_6665.jpeg
 
Last edited:
The SE-C01 came in 2 variants… one having the SH-C01 switch mode power supply… and a version with inbuilt power supply (also bridgable)
Hello, I have that documented on the site on the SE-C01’s page:


It’s one of, if not the only page, where I have two tables of specifications as a result of the multiple setups. I own the system with the separate pulse power supply. Thanks for sharing that. How long have you been a Concise owner?
 
I got into the more powerful X series 315mm systems…
I don’t recall hearing about the X series before you mentioning it here. I just read a bit about it and it sounds like quite an impressive stack. Did it have an EQ component that isn’t shown in your photo?
 
Fabulous page! I only have the SB-F2, but have always loved the Concise series. Especially the C01 looks nearly timeless.
The page is "missing" the SL-15, first programmable record player by Technics.

An older picture of my SB-F2 temporarily attached to a slightly larger system:
IMG_0139.JPG
They can handle a lot of power, by the way.
 
I don’t recall hearing about the X series before you mentioning it here. I just read a bit about it and it sounds like quite an impressive stack. Did it have an EQ component that isn’t shown in your photo?

It was the next gen concise system series.. the likes of SU-3, 5, 7 and 8

The set I depicted was the X90 system - it had the matrix AV surround and a 7 band auto EQ

IMG_5426.png
 
Fabulous page! I only have the SB-F2, but have always loved the Concise series. Especially the C01 looks nearly timeless.
The page is "missing" the SL-15, first programmable record player by Technics.

An older picture of my SB-F2 temporarily attached to a slightly larger system:

They can handle a lot of power, by the way.
Thank you

The SL-15 is a strong research candidate for the website. It might seem silly to include the SL-5, SL-7 and the SL-10 but not the SL-15 because it shares the compact design philosophy, aesthetics and is era-appropriate. Though, I have thus far only included equipment that has been either directly described or showcased as Concise adjacent in publications; otherwise, I’d be listing many turntables, speakers, headphones and other equipment simply because they are era-appropriate or mentioned somewhere in the same brochure. I love the SL-15, and hope to spot it advertised in a Technics chosen setup alongside the C01, C03 or C04.

I would love a set of SB-F2 speakers. I only own the SB-F1s but I never listened to them as they have never been used, still in the box and one of the speakers has never been unwrapped from its protective packaging.
 
Kind of interesting how things have come full circle in some ways with the current popularity of smaller components especially class-D amps.

I never owned or even heard any of the Technics gear from the "micro" line. But my very first bit of real stereo equipment was a brand new Technics SA800 way back around 1978 or so. I took it to college with me but sold it when I left. I loved the styling and the feel of the old-school flywheel tuner.

That was my only Technics gear with the exception of a ST-K50 tuner that I still have but not used in a few years.
 
I never owned or even heard any of the Technics gear from the "micro" line. But my very first bit of real stereo equipment was a brand new Technics SA800 way back around 1978 or so. I took it to college with me but sold it when I left. I loved the styling and the feel of the old-school flywheel tuner.
That Technics SA800 is a serious piece of equipment. That would be the kind of component that if I owned in my younger years I’d love to get back, nostalgia can be quite the powerful force.
 
The page is "missing" the SL-15, first programmable record player by Technics.
Quite the coincidence that today when I was trying to find new documentation online, I stumbled across a catalogue that showed the SL-15 coupled with the C03 stack. That is the kind of 'evidence' I have to see in order to add something to the archive, so the SL-15 will be getting added soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom