• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics SA 340 info?

gburnham2004

Active Member
I am looking for info on a Technics SA 340 Receiver

I have looked at the vintage Technics site and they do not have a listing.

I am wondering about watts per channel :music:.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
IIRC, the SA-340 is the rare equivalent of the SA-300, except it does not have the wood-look case. Check the SA-300 (which IS listed at vintagetechnics) to see if the front panel and switches are the same; if so, you can be pretty sure that it's got the same internals.
 
Cool, yes it look the same, what kind of case did it have? The picture I saw of it, does not show the top or sides.

Any idea what one is worth?

Thanks
 
I've not seen an SA-340 in person, and they rarely show up at auction. The SA-340 has a painted metal case in the pics I've seen. The purchase price should be about the same as the SA-300.

Seems that rare versions of some common receivers don't get much, if any, extra value attached. Other Technics examples include the common SA-222/424 versus the rare SA-225/425 series. I will allow that the Technics SA-x00 rare 'A' series with the dark bronze faceplates do attract some extra attention. I have both an SA-500A and a 700A, which are hard to come by. Some other brands also do well, like the black-faced versions of Pioneer SX-950, 1050 and 1250.
 
Back
Top Bottom