• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Technics

frodo

New Member
What do you all think of Technics receivers. They seem to be reasonably priced. I am still looking for something for my young son's room. I can't find a dedicated site for specs. I did find a sa-5370. Any info on this one?
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I like 'em. But the lower-model numbers sometimes used lesser materials for building them- my Technics SA-80, a nice little receiver and of decent sound, used a pressed particle-type board base, and some used it for the back as well. Other cost-cutting was used here and there too.

But I think you would be happy with that model- good looks and performance, in my opinion, is just fine.

I may have a spare one kicking around, either that model or the model right before or right after it, that needs two case screws and a tuning string- yours for shipping and a small donation to AK, if the 5370 you're looking at doesn't work out.

I really like the looks of the Technics gear. In my opinion, along with Optonica (Sharp), they're the best looking vintage receivers.
 
I like Technics Receivers.

They may not offer a lot of bells and whistles like other brands but, they do rate the Receivers & Amplifiers very conservative. Pay attention to the THD measurements next to the wattage figure and, compare them to other brands. :thmbsp:

Here's a listing on all the Recievers

Click Here

Best Regards,
 
Back
Top Bottom