• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tele-tweek

Busted. No, I haven't tried his 30 sec. over the phone audio system tweak.
Or his recepticle cover plates.
The role of psychology in audio is an interesting field.
I used to turn up the bass and treble on my receiver and hear more bass and treble untill i looked down and saw i had the tone conrtols bypassed.
 
Guys, enough with the cheap shots. I just cleaned some of the crap out in this thread. This is NOT what TOL is about. I don't ask anyone to believe in anything, but if you don't have anything but cheap shots and "humourous" comments to make, take it elsewhere.

Yes, but isn't there some point at which we should draw the line?

I would also note that, while the claimed audio improvements are not measurable, the claim that "The picture quality of any video system will also be improved!" can certainly be proved or disproved.


Suppose that I were to start selling packets of special blue dye that you're supposed to take a bath in. Being blue makes your stereo system work better. (Just look how much it's done for Blue Man Group!) I'll price it at 4 packets for $100.

Do people need to seriously discuss my new product?

There comes a point where we go beyond having an open mind, and into credulousness.
 
Yes, but isn't there some point at which we should draw the line?

Nope. All I ask is discussion of the merits of the item in question, preferably with some sort of experience in it. Just taking pot shots at something no one has seen or experienced is not what this place is about.

I would also note that, while the claimed audio improvements are not measurable, the claim that "The picture quality of any video system will also be improved!" can certainly be proved or disproved.


Suppose that I were to start selling packets of special blue dye that you're supposed to take a bath in. Being blue makes your stereo system work better. (Just look how much it's done for Blue Man Group!) I'll price it at 4 packets for $100.

Do people need to seriously discuss my new product?

There comes a point where we go beyond having an open mind, and into credulousness.

Having communicated with Geoff Kait on many occasions I am confidant to say that he believes and stands behind what he is selling. So much so that he even offered up samples to Ak'ers to try out. That takes some balls and some real belief in what you are doing.
Stuart, how about you bring your blue dye to the market. Develop it. Create packaging and a website. Demo it at some shows. Sell some to the public. When your business is comfortably moving along, we will happily discuss it here on TOL. :)
 
Him believing in his products or the fact that he is sucsessful at selling them has no bearing on whether alot of his stuff works in the real world or in peoples minds.
He does sell isolation platforms and some kind of box that treats cd's that six moons reviewed favorably.
As for clocks, pebbles and phone calls I,m just way to square for this stuff.
 
Nope. All I ask is discussion of the merits of the item in question, preferably with some sort of experience in it. Just taking pot shots at something no one has seen or experienced is not what this place is about.

Ok, I guess that's fair enough.

Having communicated with Geoff Kait on many occasions I am confidant to say that he believes and stands behind what he is selling. So much so that he even offered up samples to Ak'ers to try out. That takes some balls and some real belief in what you are doing.

I've exchanged e-mail with him too, and he could not back up what he was selling. When I pointed out that his explanation of how a product worked was incorrect, he told me he'd make up an explanation I liked.

I agree that he has balls. I also agree that he believes people will buy his products.

Stuart, how about you bring your blue dye to the market. Develop it. Create packaging and a website. Demo it at some shows. Sell some to the public. When your business is comfortably moving along, we will happily discuss it here on TOL. :)

Now you're imposing limitations. Since when is any of that a requirement for discussion on TOL? :)

All of these are sales and marketing, not technology. Our hobby is based on technology.

It can be argued that there is an emotional component since we are listening to music, and this is where the subjective viewpoint comes in.

However, I have never seen anyone claim that sales and marketing are the important things. They're just a necessary evil.
 
http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/Free_Techniques/Free_Techniques.html

What about these? They're free ;)! This guy also sells some serious tweaks at serious prices too :)!

Whatever we may think, there is a market for weird tweaks! Some believe and buy, most don't. If you believe it works, should you be scorned for buying it?

Some of Geoff Kait's products come from the Belts in the UK.

I also will now put my "Blue Audiophile Dye" in the public domain. You are free to use my idea and I won't charge you a cent. :)
 
Last edited:
Sh**t I have web tv on dial up so I can'tsee that but Big E god love im Is gonna keel us.

Can't see what?


I would certainly recommend that you get a PC and regular Internet access. WebTV isn't so good from what I've seen over the years.

You can get some really good deals on a PC, and I think you would find you enjoy the Internet more.
 
Unfortunatley Big E has had to clean house a couple of times on this thread.
Hillarious side splitting stuff with paper and preachers but distracting from trying to figure out a couple of kernels of truth about this guys stuff.
Actually I have a fairly new pc I just really dislike using it. Web tv will pick up video slowly I did catch' halabalula'. I'm going to hook it up to cable when I move in a couple of weeks.
I waana see that opera singer belt it out.
I am going to re ask my question that cascaded to set the last house cleaning in motion after dinner
 
Actually I have a fairly new pc I just really dislike using it. Web tv will pick up video slowly I did catch' halabalula'. I'm going to hook it up to cable when I move in a couple of weeks.

Why do you dislike using the PC? (I'm wondering if it's maybe something I or someone else at AK can help with.)

You'll like the cable hookup much better than dialup, I can guarantee that. :)
 
Thanks Stuart I'll get it figured out after my move.
As far as my question ( I did trade acouple emails with geoff today) " What exactly is the advanced communications technology that upgrades our stereos over the phone?" Almost everyone Knows the answer to that.
And while this kind of business rubs me the wrong way, the people who buy these kinds of things are far scarier to me.
 
Nope. All I ask is discussion of the merits of the item in question, preferably with some sort of experience in it. Just taking pot shots at something no one has seen or experienced is not what this place is about.

I don't know whether the tweak in question works or not, or how nice the person marketing it is, but should not this forum be for discussing both the merits and pitfalls of any tweak? If it's only for discussing merits, then it's not really discussion, only advertising - which isn't really what AK is about.
 
I don't know whether the tweak in question works or not, or how nice the person marketing it is, but should not this forum be for discussing both the merits and pitfalls of any tweak? If it's only for discussing merits, then it's not really discussion, only advertising - which isn't really what AK is about.

True, the forum is for discussing both pros and cons - but not when discussing the cons turns to mockery. A distinction sometimes missed by our posters, causing work for the moderators.
 
I don't know whether the tweak in question works or not, or how nice the person marketing it is, but should not this forum be for discussing both the merits and pitfalls of any tweak? If it's only for discussing merits, then it's not really discussion, only advertising - which isn't really what AK is about.

What Rich said! :)
If you go back to what I said, I asked for comments based on EXPERIENCE with said item. No where did I say we can only discuss merits. What I do not want to see is the so called experts weighing in with no experience of the product on hand, but simply "knowing" that it can't do what it is supposed to do. That leads to nothing but flame wars and will not be tolerated in TOL.
 
Thank Rich, Rik

It was a question - even if it was couched in my (usually inflammatory) rhetoric. Sometimes I am not sure. Possibly, in this case, the methodology of the product implementation could be discussed in isolation from the actual product itself.

In this particular instance, I would only consider the product if it either had a money back guarantee (if I was unsatisfied with the results) or it was only payable afterwards (once the results had been confirmed).

And, of course, poo-poohing anything outside of the accepted norm is the human condition (Columbus, Galileo, Darwin, etc) - don't be too hard on us primitives...:D
 
How is this tweak supposed to work?
Is it mere power of suggestion (eg the listner 'thinks' he hears a difference) or does the tele-tweak really change anything in the equipment?
If its the latter it can be measured using an Audio Precision I assume...

Anyone here want up for challenge (and has an audio precision)?
 
Back
Top Bottom