• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The cover better than the original

Ethan25

Super Member
Which cover of a song, whether a live cover or a cut from an album is better than the original in your mind?

In my opinion, Mason Proffit's version of Stewball is better than Peter, Paul and Mary's version from 1963.


feel free to debate back and forth on this thread as well!
 
Register to hide this ad
The Dickies
Nights in White Satin( I do love the original:))
1979


I like the Dickies' covers too, but in most cases (this one included) their cover is NOT better than the original--their cover is only cool because the original WAS great, and it's fun to hear it played Dickies-style (i.e., on 78 rpm).

One exception might be their cover of the Banana Splits Theme Song...
 
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are a punk supergroup that only does covers--and a lot of them are kind of tongue in cheek covers of old AM radio pablum, like this...

 
With all due respect to Eagles, living and dead, I'll take Linda Ronstadt's Desperado over theirs.

And while I'm at it, her version of Colorado smokes the Burritos original. Sorry, Rick, great song but she sings it better than you.

Happy trails,
Larry B.
 
Back
Top Bottom