• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Expanse (SyFy)

I just got the first book from the library and I was worried that having seen the show it wouldn't be that interesting. Yet last night I stayed up way too late reading about things that I already knew how they were going to go.

Even knowing basically what was going to happen it still hooked me. Very well written.
 
I just got the first book from the library and I was worried that having seen the show it wouldn't be that interesting. Yet last night I stayed up way too late reading about things that I already knew how they were going to go.

Even knowing basically what was going to happen it still hooked me. Very well written.

I've heard exactly this many times. I think this series might go on deck for winter reading.
 
For those that have read the books and seen the show: does the second book take us past where the last season ended?
 
I just read that season 3 will be the last on SyFy

They are hoping someone else will pick it up but what a bummer if it doesn't find a new home.
 
I just read that season 3 will be the last on SyFy

They are hoping someone else will pick it up but what a bummer if it doesn't find a new home.
Woah, Season 3 is the current season that just started April 11, 2018!!
This is some of the coolest Science Fiction TV I've seen in many years - and sonics and visuals are superb.

Gotta believe one issue must be budgetary - and maybe its just not moving along fast enough for the network -
but, I'll take this over a DOZEN Kryptons or Lost in Space reboots

Watching Mao decide to put Mei into the podship this week - Serious Evil - wow!

And after seeing the first season, I went out and bought ALL the books I could lay my hands on!
 
From what I read SyFy doesn't own the rights to any streaming or other methods of delivery for the show so their income sources from it are limited. Networks are all about the long term income from programs.
 
However they got themselves into that deal it wasn’t the smartest move. They were creating a niche product appealing to a niche market and they didn’t maximize income streams? My wife and I don’t have cable. We buy the shows we want to watch on amazon and stream them through our Roku TV. It’s getting to the point that the only reason to purchase traditional cable packages is for sports. Networks are gonna lose out until they can maximize ala carte revenue streams. Till then we suffer from **** like this.
 
This seems to happen with all too much regularity with science fiction. Along comes a great show with good actors, plot, effects and its days are numbered.. I hope someone else will pick it up!
 
Yeah, Fox cancelled brooklyn nine nine and the production Company sold it to NBC after Fox kilt it -
maybe Netflix or someone will grab exPanse..
 
Last edited:
Is it bad that I have a schoolboy crush on Shohreh Aghdashloo? Casting her for Ambassador Avasarala may be the single best choice since DeNiro as Travis Bickle... but I digress.

My sole complaint about S2 and S3 is that they are pulling in too many plotlines from the later books. I get it. They knew this would be an uphill battle keeping this show on the air, so they are trying to tell as much of the story as they can.

Honestly though, I think a network like FX or AMC might do the show some good.
 
I'm streaming quite a bit of TV from Amazon since I don't have cable option here and I have been buying shows sometimes like The Expanse (streaming). Amazon has been creating series shows too so maybe they'll pick it up. I hope someone will!
 
Netflix has renewed Lost in Space for a second season. Maybe that will spur one of their competitors like Hulu to grab The Expanse. Or maybe HBO, since Game of Thrones is drawing to a close. I'm going to bet there is quite a bit of overlap in viewership between The Expanse and GoT, since they're both very dense political thrillers in genre trappings, at their cores. (Not an unreasonable likeness, either, as one half of the "James S.A. Corey" writing duo used to work for George R.R. Martin.)
 
Netflix has renewed Lost in Space for a second season. Maybe that will spur one of their competitors like Hulu to grab The Expanse. Or maybe HBO, since Game of Thrones is drawing to a close. I'm going to bet there is quite a bit of overlap in viewership between The Expanse and GoT, since they're both very dense political thrillers in genre trappings, at their cores. (Not an unreasonable likeness, either, as one half of the "James S.A. Corey" writing duo used to work for George R.R. Martin.)

My druthers is USA network. They've done a great job with Mr. Robot and seem willing to let the creative team do their on thing with a sometimes difficult to follow arc.
 
You’re kidding... they’re killing The Expanse? Jeez... I know it’s more complicated than the average space opera, but it finally got past the set up and NOW they think of killing it???

I don’t know what to say... :thumbsdown:
 
Back
Top Bottom