• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Mornin,' 65°F/18°C, overcast and muggy.

Like the brothers in MT and CT, I too tackled the lawn...well, the better half of it anyway. And, it started sprinkling when I started, but I logged on and it stopped, though weather app says more soon. From our last 3-inches-in-3-days, we've 20 some odd mushrooms popping up. Thank goodness past edge of mowing area. Had 4 big ones just like little cartoon above, but they didn't last long...

Wife at dentist this morning, just a cleaning, hope a she-bear does not return.

OK, GOTTA take a shower, stay safe all.

I just finished my post-mowing shower. A few drops came down during, but nothing significant.
No mushrooms here. But plenty of leaves and sticks scattered over the yard. I carried a long pair of tongs so I could pickup the sticks and throw them to the edge, without getting off the seat.
Funny thing is, there are always lots of small sticks that are clearly from the Locust trees....that were removed 2 years ago. There must be a lot of branches caught up high in the neighboring trees that are still coming down. Hard to believe, but that's the only thing that makes no sense.

I had my teeth cleaned on Tuesday. She used a new gadget to clean them, a wand with small wire-like tip that vibrates very fast and has water pumped thru it to keep the tip cool. It worked well, much less invasive. Like a micro pressure washer instead of scraping tools.
 
Good morning, y'all! I just got back from breakfast with the vets. I introduced those guys to the NY Times Wordle game this morning, as a little brain exercise. Tomorrow is Sweetie Pie's birthday, I'll have a card and a small gift ready to go. The cookbook with the new binding won't be ready for 2 weeks, so that'll have to be late. I have nothing else on the agenda for today, except football tonight. Have an awesome afternoon, everyone!
 
Good morning dear friends!

68° F and finally sunny! High 75.

Woke up late. Got some good news from the ex-gf this morning. Her Goddaughter is getting into recovery from substance use. She almost went to jail, but my ex was able to convince the judge to let her enter a program instead. Praise God!

Chillaxin' today with friends.

God bless you all!
 
Good Morning,

A really beautiful day today. Sunny and warm and low humidity. Perfect weather....wish there was someplace that was always like this.

I'll take a trip to the dump, to the pharmacy to pick up some Rx, then spend the afternoon loading the van for a week up north.
The entire week ahead is looking perfect, sunny and mid 60's. Maybe a little rain Monday morning...but they could be wrong.
I'll be clamming in the morning, riding bicycles in the afternoon, and back to the cottage for an oyster fest every night.
I'll try to check in during the week.

I hope you all make the most of this day,
Cheers
 
Good morning to all. 77°F/25°C, fair with slight breeze in treetops, dew point is 63...not really humid, but not dry either.

SWMBO is doing a mountain of laundry, won't let me help, she is listening to a David Sedaris CD (gaaak!), so I have retreated to front porch with morning's 2nd coffee and a cozy-mystery (that I am not much liking).

Probably do a few chapters then go water, or at least check, the cemetary. And there I can listen to my "new" Tony Rice CD in peace. Keep safe everyone :)
 
Mornin’ Friends,
Quite the October heatwave is cranking up today with a high of 90f. Enjoying some jazz on KSDS before the air show starts. My venerable Onkyo TX series receiver in the screen room went into protect last night. I got it off my Yahoo Freecycle group 20 years ago so I definitely got my (gas) money out of it. ‘Twas my last receiver. Restoring poolside tunes is as easy as borrowing the bus’s pair of JBL BT speakers. Moving the summer system out of there is on the pre surgery todo list anyway. Have a great day.

TMI: Made my pre-surgical general surgeon appointment yesterday. First available was the day before the revision. Primary clearance appointment is on Monday. 32 sleeps.
 
Last edited:
Good morning, y'all! We have 93 and mostly cloudy here today. I just have a couple of routine chores and continuing projects happening this morning, then I'm going to relax, mess around on guitar a little and then crank up the stereo after Sweetie Pie goes to art class. I'd like to take a short walk before it gets warm, too. This afternoon I'll wash some records and hopefully get a nap in. Have an awesome Friday, everyone!
 
Mornin’ Friends,
Quite the October heatwave is cranking up today with a high of 90f. Enjoying some jazz on KSDS before the air show starts. My venerable Onkyo TX series receiver in the screen room went into protect last night. I got it off my Yahoo Freecycle group 20 years ago so I definitely got my (gas) money out of it. ‘Twas my last receiver. Restoring poolside tunes is as easy as borrowing the bus’s pair of JBL BT speakers. Moving the summer system out of there is on the pre surgery todo list anyway.
or I could take advantage of the fully caster’d garage system and the air show instead for the rest of the season.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5857.jpeg
    IMG_5857.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 3
Good morning all, 54°F/12°C, sun isn't even up yet! All still quiet, light traffic outside (isn't it Saturday, what's with all the cars?) Wife works for the morning, not sure what rest of day has in store. Keep yourselves safe!
 
Back
Top Bottom