• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The holy grail?

benifittull6

New Member
Once again thanks for information last week on my rescued stereo equipment from home renovation.I am always coming across gear at jobs ect. and want to know what you folks would consider the holy grail find when it comes to equipment.Me being a scoot nut would probably be a Vincent Black Shadow or old Indian,so was wondering,what's your holy grail?
 
Register to hide this ad
A funky looking old TV w/a GREAT big cabinet & a comparatively small, oddly shaped screen, w/a big "V" underneath...1954 RCA CT-100, the 1st color set.
 
A warehouse full of NOS TOTL Sony ES components manufactured between 1988 and 1994, all unopened and being sold at 10 cents on the dollar... :music:
 
Ok

I get the Norton and the Cuda,am a bit lost on the rest though the original color tv would probably catch my eye.Have a Matchless with the Atlas motor and featherbed frame for the bike guy.As I have said before come across all sorts of equipment,we have a swap shop @ our town dump for electronics and am realizing thru this forum even if broken some part may have value to someone,it is like this with bikes,Napco four wheel (if you have to ask you don't know or will understand)ect.My point is if you need a part off of something just e-mail me thru forum knobs grills ect.Will charge no money including shipping,just hate to see stuff go to waste,only ask that you return the favor for someone down the road or even if married buy that gorgeous blond women in the bar a drink and say it is from James.I am a scavenger and a bit of a pack rat but just hate seeing things get trashed that have value to someone,I believe thru no money passing hands I am not breaking forum rules,if not am sure I will hear about it.My musical holy grail personally would be a live version of Tull's Rainbow Blues,not sure if it even exists,if not a shame!Also get the Boss but @ that point might as well dream and think KR 500 convertible.
 
I´d settle for a lightly used Thorens Reference TT.:D

The Prestige wouldn´t disappoint me either.:yes:
 
The things I want MOST are not things one can buy: radiant good health for the rest of an unusually long life, followed by always having great friends and loving family around, followed by a beautiful and soul-pleasing environment (great house in natural surroundings), and plenty of things to do that were enjoyable, rewarding and meaningful (give a sense of accomplishment and create a positive legacy)... but these are not things that money can buy.

As for more material wishes, how about "oodles and oodles of money"? Then I could buy all the "toys" and "grails" I want! :D

Now getting down to it, the first and "holiest" of such "grail" toys would be...

Infinity IRS V speakers

:ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy:

:music: :thmbsp: :music: :thmbsp: :music: :thmbsp: :music: :thmbsp:

:D


The Thorens Reference (or failing that, the Prestige) that hifi_nut mentioned would probably be the second item on the list, followed by an as-yet-unchosen amplifier system. All of this assumes that at some point I would get a living room with sufficient width to do these justice!
 
one pallet of each

fairchild 255
fairchild 260
fairchild 275
fairchild 245's/248
fairchild 240
fairchild 670 (compressor)i could retire with these:D
 
one pallet of each

fairchild 255
fairchild 260
fairchild 275
fairchild 245's/248
fairchild 240
fairchild 670 (compressor)i could retire with these:D


Ahhh man. . . . You beat me to the punch on that Fairchild 670. That's a spectacular piece of hardware!

I've seen/heard/tested the new ADL 670, and they really went all out when they used the same parts that Rein Narma did in the original design. Even the little quirky things are copied to Anthony Demaria's ADL 670.

. . Falcon
 
Back
Top Bottom