• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Hong Kong Audio Experience

Nice pics of great gear in real shops, makes me jealous.

But it would take more than all the gear in the world to make me want to live in that ant farm.

It's not actually an ant farm here, sure bits get crowded on occasion, but most is overstated for effect by people. Spend a bit of time here and you quickly get a different story

Something like 70% of Hong Kong is country park and things like hiking, bike riding, rock climbing are all popular here. I live in Sai Ying Pun, two MTR stops from Central, and I have a fabulous country park about 10 mins walk away. Hong Kong is not the concrete jungle that most think it is.
 
I'm very much intrigued by Japan and hope to go there yet.
Great photos and info for sure. Tanks for sharing. Now I know where all the gear went.
I'd definitely be looking for a piece or two that you just dont see on tis continent before you come back. Some of the things the Japanese companies produce but don't export.
 
If it wasn't for Asia, High End audio would only be a shadow of itself.

What is impressive is that Asia is so technologically advanced with MP3 and their huge love of smart phones and gaming etc - and yet they still revere LP and CD for audio purposes. The sheer number of tube amplifiers in Hong Kong blows my mind given their small apartments and the size of the tube system. There are shops here that just sell tubes - not amplifiers - just tubes.
 
Back
Top Bottom