• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Mid-Century/Danish thread

View attachment 2629482 View attachment 2629484 View attachment 2629485 View attachment 2629486 View attachment 2629487 View attachment 2629488 View attachment 2629489 View attachment 2629490

Now that I'm in retirement, I'm trying to thin the herd of cool stuff we accumulated from our parents, yard sales, and other travels around the area. I took some pictures this morning to try and find out more about this side table (we always called it the Enterprise because of the offsetback shelf). Did some searching and it looks like it has some good provenance! Its stamped Westwood 1504 on the bottom - looks like its a Heywood Wakefield piece! We had no idea!

Heywood Wakefield made some great stuff. We have those same end tables, as well as many more.
It started with my great aunts bedroom set that we inherited 30 years ago. Then we started buying pieces in Brimfield as we saw them. Now the house is full of it. I couldn't buy another piece if i wanted. There are 2 sets of end tables and a dining table stacked in the garage....
Most of ours is the Champage finish.
Don't tell my wife i took these pics without straightening up first.]IMG_9029.JPG
IMG_9018.JPG IMG_9019.JPG IMG_9020.JPG IMG_9023.JPG IMG_9025.JPG IMG_9026.JPG IMG_9027.JPG
 
Really enjoy this particular thread! :thumbsup:

Don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread or previously posted but I'm sure there are those who remember the following lounge chair.

It is now known as the "Vintage Contour Lounge Chair" produced by the Contour Chair-Lounge Co. from back in the 70's.

My niece and her husband have one of these and it is great! They definitely don't make furniture like that anymore.

Here are a few pictures of a couple of them (these are not mine).

Vintage Contour Lounge Chair.jpeg Vintage Contour Lounge Chair ii.jpeg Vintage Contour Lounge Chair iii.jpegVintage Contour Lounge Chair vi.jpeg
Vintage Contour Lounge Chair iv.jpeg Vintage Contour Lounge Chair v.jpeg


I looked up the company and well the following is what I found, apparently it seems or appears as though they are still in business!:dunno:

https://contourloungechair.com/
 
New member here. Was looking for info on a Zenith console stereo and found this site. My home office;

Pictured
Hooker floating desk
Bassett Surfboard coffee table
General Electric RC-1211 console stereo
Zenith MNT2670 console stereo
Unidentified desk clock
The other decorations are reproductions (wall clock, desk lamp, pendant lamp)

Not pictured
Bassett Surfboard side table (in living room)
Lane Acclaim surfboard coffee table
MSM floor lamp w/3 pearlescent fluted glass shade
2 spun fiberglass cone shaped sconce lamps

AB4651E4-F798-441B-9059-330060D8D57B.jpeg
 
Lovely setup! That series of Zenith console were some of the best overall sounding console stereo units that I can remember running across. They look great and sound very nice. The pop-up open reel deck was a great touch.
 
Lovely setup! That series of Zenith console were some of the best overall sounding console stereo units that I can remember running across. They look great and sound very nice. The pop-up open reel deck was a great touch.

Thanks! My dad gave the Zenith to my mom as a wedding present back in the 60's. It's been in their garage for decades and I finally rescued it. One day I'll rehab the electronics and refinish the cabinet.

037C36A3-408D-4199-8573-7B6F8421ED96.jpeg
 
Just refinished an Arthur Umanoff magazine/guitar pick table that fell into my hands a few weeks ago. Needed some repair and restoration, but because it is solid wood (stated as walnut but sure looks like cherry to me), and no veneer nightmares, it was a pretty straight forward restoration job. Thought I’d need to stain it after sanding, but love the natural color, after I used a sealer on it. It’s going to be a turntable table, once I clear the area for its new home. I’ll store a few classic albums in the magazine rack just for show. It’s going right next to my Herman Miller knockoff chair…

IMG_5274.jpegIMG_5273.jpeg
 
Hey folks! You all have uploaded some great interiors since I've last visited this thread! :D

A couple pix are going to be a little redundant, but it all fits together so you get a feel for it as a whole - the most recent photoshoot of the Livingroom/Dining Area and a quick peek into the bedroom. More to come!

Notes: If I finally get to own this house, the first thing I'm going to do is have a company come in to refinish/seal the tile floor - these are handmade tiles from 1950s made right here on the island - you don't see floors like these anymore. The swag-chain electric is connecting the ceiling fan (which there was no electric there where it's mounted, but as a twist, I wired in the pendants to the wireless control of the fan so they're now controlled by the remote with dimmable (LEDs). The bead curtain I made myself because the doorways are 8 feet tall, and all the bead curtains I found online were too short and would've looked like a miniskirt - It's 34' wide, 33 strands, each 7'6" with like 140 wood/bamboo beads - tbh, total PITA and I'll never make another! LOL



View attachment 2502894 View attachment 2502895 View attachment 2502896 View attachment 2502897 View attachment 2502898 View attachment 2502903 View attachment 2502904 View attachment 2502905 View attachment 2502906 View attachment 2502907
What's going on in the "Last Supper" piece? Can you post a closer shot of just it for me to study?
 
Thanks; I didn't have to sell it, but we chose to. My (now ex-) wife and I thought it would be good to have more space after having a kid, so we moved out of central Denver to the foothills west of the city.

That house was built in 1952; we moved into a ca. 1974 "mountain contemporary" that had more space, and was a very comfortable home. Although it had a few design features, it just didn't have the vibe of our first home, the '52 MCM.

View attachment 2474163

View attachment 2474165
Is that a Noguchi coffee table? Sure looks like one. If yes, is it a period Noguchi piece?
 
Back
Top Bottom