• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Mordaunt-Short Owners Thread

I picked up a set of speakers from an estate sale and they don't have a model name or number on them. I have searched Google and I can't find anything that looks the same. The closest I can find is the classic 40. I can see the back of the top driver through the rear port and it is Mordaunt short made in Britain. Does anybody have any idea what they are?
20230507_125755.jpg 20230508_173840.jpg
 
Last edited:
I picked up a set of Mordaunt Short System 442s recently. Offered on eBay for a very low price not far from me, with one non-working tweeter.

I've repaired the tweeter, and they are all working well and sounding superb.

View attachment 3303893
If I recall correctly, that was MS first attempt at a statement product since the Signifer almost a decade before.
 
Im refurbishing a Yamaha 2 way tower set with blown woofers. bought some MS207 woofers to repair them, and oh my goodness....better clarity in midrange AND better bass!!! probably not as much power handling as the orignal yamaha's (magnets on Yamahas are much bigger), but thats a fine trade off for sweet sound - this is far better sounding than the originals!! I know it probably wouldn't measure well, and the purists are cringing over the thought of what I'm doing but my ears are my guide and they are not disappointed.
 
IMG_2824.jpegIMG_2836.jpeg
hi all! Got lucky today and grabbed up a nearly mint pair of Carnival 3’s. Picked them from the original owners. Really impressed with the sound as well as the condition. Onlay issue I’ve found so far is a good deal of sun fading on the covers (socks?). Does anyone know if there is a source for replacements? If not I may try and dye them. Any suggestions are welcome…thanks in advance!
 
Are these for real ??? Picked up a pair of mint MS 3.30’s from a Goodwill store. Can’t believe the performance of this pair of speakers- the low end handling is nothing short of magnificent. Hooked it up to a vintage Sony TA-1144 and getting my socks knocked off. The bass is so tight and those tweeters are so fatigue free. Best $20 spent in a long time, not a chance I will get rid of these for a LONG time. Also picked up a MS 209c center channel which is so wonderfully smooth to listen to that I spent nearly 2 hrs hooking it up and listening to jazz on a single channel. Amazing products !
 
I'm currently using a pair of Pageant Series 2 in a bedroom setup, with a set of MS35 Ti's waiting in the wings
 
Back
Top Bottom