• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Name That Album thread

We might need another hint on this one. There is nothing in the three clues that can be searched except for German release. There are a few German releases.

Listening to "Sketches of Spain" at the moment on the Columbia 50th anniversay CD on a Marantz CD-73. Amazing. During the quieter passages I hear a recurring sound. It's either a brush on a drum kit or noise from the source. It's a sound like a dirty patch on a 45RPM record. Swish, swish, swish. Can't make it out. Either a brush or this CD is sourced from vinyl?
 
Listening to "Sketches of Spain" at the moment on the Columbia 50th anniversay CD on a Marantz CD-73. Amazing. During the quieter passages I hear a recurring sound. It's either a brush on a drum kit or noise from the source. It's a sound like a dirty patch on a 45RPM record. Swish, swish, swish.

What song and how many minutes into the passage? I will check my LP.

Hijack over.
 
More Hints:

Prog-Rock

Original vinyl LP release is hard to come by.

Reissue in the early 90's of less than 1000 LPs but reissued on CD at the same time.

Band was from the UK but signed to a German label and both the band and the album are named after an old unit of measure.
 
"Old unit of measure" ?? There were old units of measure for distance, weight, volume. A few counties even still use terms like miles, pounds and gallons.:D
 
I'm going to do two things:

1) Get the hell away from Prog Rock (please!)
2) post the inside and insert of an album (yes, I'm cheating). The cover is just too easy.

aktest.jpg
 
This is NOT a prog band. My dog wandered in to help...
 

Attachments

  • Photo_040110_001.jpg
    Photo_040110_001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Photo_040110_002.jpg
    Photo_040110_002.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 63
Being at work, I swiped an image off the interwebs quickly while on break. This is another cover of the non-prog variety.
 

Attachments

  • 150.gif
    150.gif
    83.4 KB · Views: 57
Aww... that was to easy. lol! It says so on the cover!

I know, I know...still had to look it up, and check into the band though. Want to give SA-708 another round, to get maybe a bit of a harder one up?

EDIT: also, I corrected the title, as it's actually the album brotherhood, though the cover is not the exact same everywhere...
 
Back
Top Bottom