• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Name That Album thread

It would fall somewhere along the lines of Jazz fusion/funk. The music ain't bad... but I'm sure I bought it for the cool cover art.
 
Some clues.

This guitarist majored in quantum physics has played with Gil Evans and Elvin Jones. After 20 years of performing music he got into writing computer music software and invented his own guitar synthesizer.

One of his more recent achievements a song from this album was included on the video game Grand Theft Auto IV.
 
Ryo Kawasaki- Juice!

The Grand theft auto soundtrack tipped me off:D

EDIT; Hah! by seconds I bet!, good job Enricosonic!
 
Queen's Brian May has a degree in Astrophysics. I wonder if he and Ryo get together, jam, and then solve Physics problems?:scratch2:
 
Queen's Brian May has a degree in Astrophysics. I wonder if he and Ryo get together, jam, and then solve Physics problems?:scratch2:

:lmao:...oddly enough, of any two guitarist, they would be the ones:yes:

If I don't get something posted by half past the hour, it's all yours. ;)

Oh man, I don't have anything either!, man, talk about not being prepared for class...I think it's alright if we wait:yes:

oh and just to add, that Ryo guy is pretty cool, really smooth jazz isn't my sort of thing, but he's a great guitarist; (this is a spanish guitar one, rather than jazz) amazing!
Estate
 
You guys may make short work of this but here goes (artist name sorta airbrushed out on top left).


DSCN9396.jpg
 
For starters, the leader of this band became well-known in the 80s as a producer for a much more successful band.

This LP is 27 years old.
 
If I mention the band he's best known for producing, I think that'd give it away. But he's worked with Marshall Crenshaw and Suzanne Vega as a producer/co-producer.

That'll probably lead to the the answer too.
 
Back
Top Bottom