• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Name That Album thread

Playing with Fire by Aria

The bear clue got me looking at Russian metal bands.

Right on:thmbsp:...if you like iron maiden, they are a great band to look into (even better than maiden in some respects).

Most, if not all of their albums have been pressed and released by the moroz company, one of the most popular, largely metal, labels in russia.

Now for something completely different.
monty-python-announce.jpg
:D


:scratch2:...mayhaps they are a spanish type music band?
 
I'm not sure I want to know who or what this is.

(Yep, 33 - it was a CBS strat. But a nice one - and a reminder it rarely pays to sell a good guitar.)
 
I'm not sure I want to know who or what this is.

(Yep, 33 - it was a CBS strat. But a nice one - and a reminder it rarely pays to sell a good guitar.)

All the guys look like they had their heads glued on.

Hey SA-708 do you actually listen to this album? :scratch2:
 
(Yep, 33 - it was a CBS strat. But a nice one - and a reminder it rarely pays to sell a good guitar.)

OT: Whenever I sell a guitar I try to put the money towards a different guitar. Now back to the regularly scheduled program. I've been watching this thread since its inception, I haven't had any idea whatsoever about any of the records.
 
Sorry, I was unexpectedly away from the computer.

The musician is German, but has also lived in Chile, and his Wikipedia page lists over 60 aliases he has used. Under this guise, he has released several albums of electrolatino versions of pop songs. This particular album is all covers of one synthpop band, and the "group" on the cover is fictitious; it is all the work of the one musician along with several vocalists.

And yes, I actually listen to this album. It is wonderfully bizarre.
 
Last edited:
Recorded live in San Francisco. A two record album. I have to run our for a couple hours. Should be on the easy side.

guess_album5.jpg
 
That's it. The album is all Kraftwerk covers. He's also done an album of Yellow Magic Orchestra covers.
He uses a full orchestra for the live shows, but the albums are all synthesizer.
 
Last edited:
Atlantis, by McCoy Tyner

[edit] Drat, too late. That's what I get for trying to watch the basketball game.
 
Atlantis, by McCoy Tyner

[edit] Drat, too late. That's what I get for trying to watch the basketball game.

Heh heh, my mom is watching the game, and called my grandmother during half-time to discuss it:D, i'm not much into the sport...

Here's a pretty easy one, nothing too hard:thmbsp:.

guessmp.jpg


Artist was in the top left, title in the top right.
 
Last edited:
This shouldn't be too hard. I only took off the name/title but left the rest. It may be morning until I check back.

aktest.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom