• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The new X-Files

dosmalo

T-Totaled
Am I the only one that's disappointed?
I had some really high hopes and expectations for the new series but sadly I've been let down. I've heard that only 7 or 8 episodes are initially being made. Episode 1 wasn't good - not really bad but not good.
Episode 2 was getting better I thought but episode 3 was a really bad stinker IMO so that doesn't leave much left for redemption.
So far I'm thinking that you can go back to where you used to live....but you can never go home.
 
Register to hide this ad
Episode 3 tried way to hard, I thought it was terrible. I liked the first two though.
 
Hard to recapture that lightning in a bottle. 20+ years ago was a completely different time/mindset/zeitgeist.

I have hope, tho.
 
Missed #2.

3 was sorta meh.

It's like being a Vikings fan; despite disappointment you're still a fan. :)
 
Yeah, they don't have the same feel that they used to, but I have been enjoying them. The third was good for what it was, a ridiculous comedic episode. I'm looking forward to the last three.
 
Tongue-In-Cheek is the best way to put it. They are making fun of the original show. The acting is stiff, because that's basically how it was in the original show - part of the schtick of the new episodes.
 
Am I the only one that's disappointed?
I had some really high hopes and expectations for the new series but sadly I've been let down. I've heard that only 7 or 8 episodes are initially being made. Episode 1 wasn't good - not really bad but not good.
Episode 2 was getting better I thought but episode 3 was a really bad stinker IMO so that doesn't leave much left for redemption.
So far I'm thinking that you can go back to where you used to live....but you can never go home.


Agree with your assessment.
 
I gave up on 2 after the bad or was it 3 product placement. But what got me, was like hey 20 years later lets just do the same thing again for 6 episodes? I was expecting more of a mini-series fast paced lets tie up some loose strings and get the smoking man. Not Mulder shaved and ready for work on Monday morning.

I want to believe.....
 
I recorded the first 3 and I think I watched 1 and 2 out of order.

It kind of looks like they are actually Parodying themselves. I can say tho that I never laughed so hard at an X-Files episode as I did thru #3. I wish it was more serious, but find it entertaining anyway.
 
I recorded the first 3 and I think I watched 1 and 2 out of order.

It kind of looks like they are actually Parodying themselves. I can say tho that I never laughed so hard at an X-Files episode as I did thru #3. I wish it was more serious, but find it entertaining anyway.

Guess I just need to enjoy it for what it is.
 
The jaded approach could be a nice kick-start to an awesome segue if there's some good stuff coming up, hopefully:)
 
Last edited:
X-Files is my absolute favorite show. The original series was about anything and everything that dealt with aliens, government conspiracies, vampires, occult, religion, shapeshifters, telekinesis, zombies, etc. It was so good because it wasn't just about "aliens" in every episode (honestly I don't like aliens...I know that sounds weird for being an X-files fan). What they built on in the original, educating people who think pentagrams are only satanic occult (they aren't, Wiccan use them too), low frequencies that only a few people can hear, why zombies are actually real....and why alien abductions are consistent by the people abducted....they decided to pretty much spit in the face of the original fans and say: "Oh hey...it wasn't aliens. It was just humans experimenting on babies". -_-

It felt like a Dallas ending (beginning?) where it was all a dream after all. 20 years....just to tell you it wasn't real after all. I also had a problem with the second episode where they spent time with their child. When did that happen? They gave it up to protect it. Where were the foster parents in the flashbacks? It's like they shoehorned all this "backstory" thinking we wouldn't notice. I agree, both actors seemed "bored". Neither of them had much emotion and they didn't even sound like them (Mulder having a deeper voice than usual).

I was disappointed when I found out it was only going to be 6 episodes. Now I'm happy because I doubt I'll consider this part of the X-Files canon. Kind of like The Smoking Gun spin-off.
 
Back
Top Bottom