• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Not So Official Piss, Moan and Bitch Thread.

I took 3 month's off the first time I retired. Made it thru 2 then I let my second career talk me into starting a month early :mad: :rant: :rant:
 
I took 3 month's off the first time I retired. Made it thru 2 then I let my second career talk me into starting a month early :mad: :rant: :rant:
I had 90 days of terminal leave accrued. I started working at Carolina Handling in Georgia 10 days after I started the terminal leave . Moved from Shalimar,FL to Winder,GA. in that 10 days..
 
Most outhouses had three corn cobs - two brown, and one white.

Two brown to do the job, and one white to see if you needed to use the brown again.

I remember being a lad of ~4 out playing in the woods a bit far from home; I had to use leaves in occasion.
 
I've got a new turntable coming. Or at least I think it's coming. What the hell is it with UPS? The thing left southern CA back on the 6th. Tracking initially said to expect delivery by the 9th. So I watched it making it's way north. It hit Medford (40 mile SE of here) on the on the 9th. Not delivered, but close. So I figured it'd show up on the 10th. Imagine my surprise when UPS' tracking showed the damn thing in Portland, 200 miles NORTH of here. Wait, it gets better. From Portland, they routed the package up the I5 corridor to Spokane, WA. where it languished for the next 3 days. It finally left Spokane today, but I have no confidence it'll turn south from there. My experience with carriers like UPS, FEDEX, USPS, DHL is that the longer they take to deliver, the more likely whatever was sent to me will be damaged. The way things are going so far, I'll be surprised if my new Marantz TT-15s1arrives intact.

Meantime, I've spent untold hours trying to reach a human being at UPS. Ha! Frustration on top of aggravation. The only bright spot in all this is the vendor is supportive, and will reship if necessary.
 
Back
Top Bottom