• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The Official JVC Super Digifine thread

I've had a few regular jvc pieces over they years but this past year I scored the ax-z911. I really have enjoyed how smooth it makes vinyl sound. My dilemma now is that today I came across the ax-z1010 just not sure if I should purchase it or not.

My ax-z911 in its un cleaned found state.
 
xl-z1050-tn

I have a XLZ-1050TN CD player, which was my main CD player (and also my first CDP), used from 1990 to 2003-ish.

I still have it, but has not been used in long while.

Sounded good to me, and was very reliable, only thing that ever went wrong was the tinted plastic over the RHS track-number indicator fell off. I glued it back on, and it seemed to be fine.
 
I managed to find the RX-1001V on ebay for my son a couple of months ago. It's a superb unit.

He has a set of Wharfedale Diamond bookshelf speakers and a Wharfedale 2130 satellite subwoofer. The sound quality is outstanding, it's like having a night club in his bedroom.

This has to be one of the best units ever, so feature rich and the VFD screen is awesome. The remote control is so advanced for 1988 although a bit on the large side.

Does anyone else still have one of these in use?

I'm using the Technics SU-V90D downstairs with the SL-P777 CD player and SH-GE90 sound processor but I think the JVC has the edge. No digital inputs on it though.

View media item 5628
 
Last edited:
Get Bigerik to come back and change the thread title!!
 
Resurrecting this thread. Found a JVC XL-Z555 at Goodwill today. Didn't know anything about this line before this afternoon. I figured the digital outs and wood paneled sides made it worth the $7 they were asking to take home for a trial.
index.php


Sounds pretty good.
 
Friend of mine lent me these victor sx3 speakers that match pretty nicely with my Digifine stack! Workin on getting a JVC QL-5 turntable to add to the collection. Still hunting for the illusive XP-A1010...
 

Attachments

  • 20230206_212638_HDR.jpg
    20230206_212638_HDR.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 15
Old, but interesting thread. I was always a big fan of early 90s JVC. I have a numerous JVC gear, these are the pinnacles, I guess. The steup also includes a XL-V261 CD player and PSB 40 MkII speakers.
 

Attachments

  • 20251027_125819.jpg
    20251027_125819.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 7
Got lucky to collect some items from ShopGW. I needed to pick the TD-V1050 up 2 hrs from my home. Replaced the troublesome gear and the 10uF caps for the speed control. The 711 deck got a new custom wood hardwood side panel. Speakers are SX-F3000, added Jantzen Z caps for the crossovers.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03384.jpg
    DSC03384.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC03392.JPG
    DSC03392.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom