Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
My neighbor and relative has a 4 1/2" hole saw they let me borrow. My Dremel wasnt too precise. I've got some plywood I'm going to make an armboard out of. The styrene plastic is too flemsy.
It was 1/8". I found some 3/4" red oak plywood at our building that im going to use instead. I have a lot of practice on how not to cut circles now haha. So this is one should turn out better.
After working on the armboard all morning here is the finished product:
Yes I have the mat on in the last picture, I took it off to clean the sawdust off of it.
Ive been resurrecting a KD-3055 with the “marblesque” plinth.
Mine has a few chips - does anyone have any recommendations as to what to use to fill/repair chips?
Ive been resurrecting a KD-3055 with the “marblesque” plinth.
Mine has a few chips - does anyone have any recommendations as to what to use to fill/repair chips?
Finally got my KD-500 completed and up and running. Splurged on a Morrow PH6 phono cable that was on BT. Between the table, the New Jelco arm and that cable, this thing has left my 1200 in the dust.
Finally got my KD-500 completed and up and running. Splurged on a Morrow PH6 phono cable that was on BT. Between the table, the New Jelco arm and that cable, this thing has left my 1200 in the dust.
My bad, I didn’t see a “?” At the end, usually the “...” is like saying “OK”.
Sounds great, mounted an AT13Ae to the arm while I was setting it up. I’ve ran the table for a number of years now, I recently put it away for another table I was playing with. I pulled the arm off a few months back to take some measurements of the arm board, and never put it back on. I need to get the new arm boards in to mount a few otter arms I have I want to try.
My bad, I didn’t see a “?” At the end, usually the “...” is like saying “OK”.
Sounds great, mounted an AT13Ae to the arm while I was setting it up. I’ve ran the table for a number of years now, I recently put it away for another table I was playing with. I pulled the arm off a few months back to take some measurements of the arm board, and never put it back on. I need to get the new arm boards in to mount a few otter arms I have I want to try.
I honestly don't know if I would make another armboard without a drill press for the hole saw, it is sketchy and rather dangerous, especially if the teeth catch the wood. And it is really hard to drill it straight even though it is supposed to somewhat self straighten. I used a 4 1/2" hole saw, which makes a little over 4 1/4" diameter armboard. I made that armboard out of red oak veneered plywood.
I made armboards for my KD-600 by cutting them down to size and then using one of those spindle sanding drums to get them right to fit the cutout. I need to drill the holes to mount them but they are marked and ready for the drill press but I have to go somewhere for that. Soon enough. If I had a KD-500 I'd make a pile of boards for that machine, too. These will be in use soon enough.
Currently the Magnepan arm is mounted to an Oiled Walnut armboard on this table. The above are unfinished.