• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The official Music score thread

A nice dollar find.....stock photo, ex+ though.......first French press

R-404828-1168287217.jpg
 
An (almost) full set of AC/DC Albert pressings with the Australian covers including T.N.T. which was never released outside of Australia. I'm missing High Voltage,

All are early 80 re-presses and are all from VG+ to EX+. I paid a little less than median DISCOGS value for each.

They were at the local record store who has a good selection of 80's material but AC/DC are rare because they are snapped up quickly. Either someone traded his collection or got lucky at a garage sale.

ACDC Collection.jpg
 
An (almost) full set of AC/DC Albert pressings with the Australian covers including T.N.T. which was never released outside of Australia. I'm missing High Voltage,

All are early 80 re-presses and are all from VG+ to EX+. I paid a little less than median DISCOGS value for each.

They were at the local record store who has a good selection of 80's material but AC/DC are rare because they are snapped up quickly. Either someone traded his collection or got lucky at a garage sale.

View attachment 2177476
We salute you!
Nice score.
 
My latest score on CL. I went to check it out to see if the DSOTM was nicer than mine.( previous owner put the included stickers on the cover)
Picked up the whole crate for less than $2 each, even less if value is assigned to the crate. There are some doubles of what I have, and there is some definite crap in there, but all is in vg+ condition.
20210203_181804.jpg
20210328_234751.jpg 20210328_235242.jpg 20210328_235449.jpg 20210328_235705.jpg 20210328_235903.jpg 20210329_000043.jpg
 
JB Hifi 3103.jpg

Looks like CBS/Sony were dumping a heap of inventory this week. Local music megastore JB Hifi had a buy 2, get the third one free. Sticker price was already $9.99 so $6.66 for new CDs.

I bought 12.
 
View attachment 2179951

Looks like CBS/Sony were dumping a heap of inventory this week. Local music megastore JB Hifi had a buy 2, get the third one free. Sticker price was already $9.99 so $6.66 for new CDs.

I bought 12.
I have the Cake CD. If you dont know them, be prepared for something a little different. The recording quality on that CD is freakin phenominal. Very easily reference level recording.
 
Picking up lots of great stuff lately, to the point where I think I'm going to have to ease up a little! (Yeah right, who am I kidding!)

Op shop vinyl finds...$1 each.

166675197_835290447419742_1946230397302940059_n.jpg

Op shop CD finds - $2 each.

166986591_502460267453272_390551840909827639_n.jpg

166328526_354253012577826_267465776163126300_n.jpg

OK, I splurged $25 on this one at an actual record store but totally worth it. Best of Getz's 70s material. Has me intrigued to hear more.

165277392_4068156396569716_7297028687290195856_n.jpg
 
I have the Cake CD. If you dont know them, be prepared for something a little different. The recording quality on that CD is freakin phenominal. Very easily reference level recording.

Giving it a listen now. I already had Comfort Eagle. You're right the SQ is excellent, great narrative too. Reminds me a bit of Stan Ridgway or Soul Coughing.
 
Damn nice pick up today. $12 nearly mint off FB Marketplace. 1998 reissue of this Phil Woods Quartet album originally released 1959. A rocking version of A Night In Tunisia on there!

166865066_766741160900515_8040610291689111113_n.jpg
 
Still in down town drinking a coffee outside, after I just in a local physical music retail store, scored this SQ Quadraphonic vinyl album: Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto*2 In G Major (Unabridged Version, Original Manuscript) with Silvia Kersenbaum Pianist & Jean Martin Conductor
Orchestra National de La.O.R.T.F.

CSQ 2067

IMG_20210418_153704062_HDR.jpg IMG_20210418_153721722.jpg
 
Last edited:
My son just received a box of records, came from neighbor's father...just dropped these off for me...

20210418_185303.jpg

Only the Peter & Gordan LP seems to be knackered; The Chipmunks LP is a copy of the very first record of my own, and it appears perfect!
 
I spend a lot of time scouring charity shops and the like for cheap vinyl but occasionally I like to splurge and buy something new. In this case, I thought I'd support one of my favourite Australian guitarists, Mick Turner, and pick up an LP he has just done with a vocalist, Helen Franzmann.

Some of you might know Mick from his work with post punk band Venom P Stinger or the Dirty Three. Anyway, I love his stuff and was happy to shell out some real money on this disc.

Another cool thing about buying off a small local label is you sometimes get a thank you note from the person who runs the label - nice touch!

Band is called Mess Esque and the album is "Dream #12".

174670081_146001617470151_6788688746743790347_n.jpg
175141422_191018229503915_8866988416178677338_n.jpg 175568150_779968935824726_3401026925612133503_n.jpg
 
Salvation Army thrift store on Broadway St Vancouver BC purchase. Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown on 8-track. Needed new sensing foil splice. Other than that perfect including sound. It came with a lot of 5 other 8-tracks for a buck a piece. All in good condition. IMG_20210427_160759540.jpg IMG_20210427_160746719.jpg IMG_20210427_160737323.jpg 1619565702072627149626203846399.jpg
 
Last edited:
A good buddy of mine came by the other day and raided my parts stash for a Harley chopper he’s building. When he asked me how I wanted to handle it I said “let’s trade something”, he immediately responded with “which record do you want? Oh yeah, the autographed Black Flag right?” I smiled and said “that would be the one”. And he delivered today! upload_2021-4-29_16-35-42.jpeg upload_2021-4-29_16-36-12.jpeg
 
A good buddy of mine came by the other day and raided my parts stash for a Harley chopper he’s building. When he asked me how I wanted to handle it I said “let’s trade something”, he immediately responded with “which record do you want? Oh yeah, the autographed Black Flag right?” I smiled and said “that would be the one”. And he delivered today! View attachment 2211439 View attachment 2211440
Missing this from my Flag collection and definitely don't have an autographed copy! Nice one.
 
Back
Top Bottom