• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The P-Mount owners club

Has anyone found a good display/ storage solution for pmounts? I've acquired a number now and it would be cool to upgrade from the pill case...
I use a "Plano" brand small clear tackle box. Each cartridge is separated and protected with foam layers on the bottom and top cut to size.

My current collection of TP-4 or better known as P-Mount cartridges:
From top left: Shure (unknown body, there is no label or writing), Ortofon TM-14, Technics P28, Technics P24.
From Middle Row bottom: Audio Technica AT733 w/original stylus,
From Right Top to Bottom: Empire RM25LT w/original stylus, Audio Technica AT221EP w/original stylus and an EVG, Audio Technica AT231LP w/original stylus, and a Pickering DTL-3 w/original stylus. My loan P-Mount table is a Sony PS-LX510.

IMG20260922122513.jpgIMG20260922122456.jpg
 
I'm actually thinking about getting a regular cartridge storage case and some generic headshells and p-mount adapters. Then I can mount the adapters on the headshells and just swap them out when I start rolling p-mount cartridges.
 
Walt, How does this work? Do you have to do plastic trimming? Stylus swap? The housings are considerably different.
Oh-- I wasn't saying the styli/bodies of the PSXes and the XTs were interchangeable, although that does make me start to think of some nutty way to do it. Desperation is the evil stepmother of crazy invention, after all.

But in terms of "missing something", he hasn't yet snagged a PSX-40 stylus, or he hasn't yet got an XT body with an XT-IV Aliptic stylus, and, if he can't do both (The AK Way), priority should be given to the latter because it sounds a smidge better and it lets him use his other XLM-style styli in his p-mount 'table. Imagine the original supercompliant XLM stylus working in a Technics close'n'play with its lightweight motion-damped arm. The perfect setup. I've edited my earlier post to avert further ambiguity.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom