• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

Very interesting information regarding the A-51. Still would like to see pics, both inside and out.

Going to split some hairs here regarding whether the PL-90 is an Elite piece or not...

It is included in the 1989 Pioneer Elite Hi Fi Components brochure along with the M-90, C-90, A-91D, F-91, LD-S1, PD-M90X and a couple DSS series speakers. So, while none of those components say Elite on the faceplate, but rather say Reference, I'd argue they are Elite pieces. And I would agree that none of those pieces are the worse for it either way.

It is also interesting to me that the newer pieces that do say Elite on them also include the word Reference in smaller font somewhere on the faceplate, and unfortunately not in the lovely script of the earlier pieces, at least not here in the USA.

What does it mean? I don't know but I would imagine its all marketing.
 
That's right. The badge does not matter. The quality of the build does. And there is also the matter of the sound.
I just stated the contents of the label on the box.
 
Well if we are posting reference components I will add my D-1000 DAT Deck.
 

Attachments

  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 115
My Pioneer A-88x ( Reference/Elite) Amp:yes:
 

Attachments

  • pioneer 88x 005.JPG
    pioneer 88x 005.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 88
  • pioneer 88x 010.JPG
    pioneer 88x 010.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 167
Those two are probably the main reason Pioneer Elite became what it did!

When you think Pioneer Elite I think that's what gets pictured in most peoples heads. At least those of us of a certain age.

I found the attached image in a Pioneer Elite catalog. You're correct... the C-90 and M-90 were Elite even though "Elite" wasn't on the faceplate.
Elite.jpg
 
I like that LD-S1 pic also. Think I just missed out on one locally. Supposed to let me know if the deal falls through but that doesn't happen often. Oh well. I'd just ad it to my over bloated collection anyway ! Ha!
 
I like that LD-S1 pic also. Think I just missed out on one locally. Supposed to let me know if the deal falls through but that doesn't happen often. Oh well. I'd just ad it to my over bloated collection anyway ! Ha!

I have the first released laser player, the Pioneer VP-1000. I bought it a year after it was introduced. What a tank and the thing still works. :D

Rick
 
My newly acquired CT-91 cassette deck on top my PD-91 CD player,sorta thinking maybe getting the matching amp/tuner now :scratch2:

paulb003_zps95727691.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Better pics of the D-1000. And a pic of the rest of my Elite, VSX-39TX, DV-38A, CLD-91, PD-M92.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8969.jpg
    IMG_8969.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3578.jpg
    IMG_3578.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3407.jpg
    IMG_3407.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I bought a Pioneer Elite PD-F19 yesterday at a local Mexican discount car stereo shop with every intention of flipping it on eBay. I brought it home, loaded it up with 50 or so discs, hit the "random" button and guess what? This baby is a keeper! I love the way it sounds, the way it looks and the way it lets me discover music I already own but haven't played in years. This is an awesome machine!
 

Attachments

  • SNV10229.jpg
    SNV10229.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 109
  • SNV10230.jpg
    SNV10230.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Twestby, that is drool-inducing. Also, nice work staying out of the reflection on those faceplates in those photos....not easy to do!

I have a new Elite acquisition, but nothing like the above. A BDP-43FD blu-ray/DVD/CD player. It's really just going to be a Blu-Ray/CD transport to be used with my SC-27 Elite receiver. I wanted to try out the PQLS digital clocking option, so this seemed like a no-brainer blu-ray player when I saw it as a store demo for 1/3 of new price at Magnolia on Friday.
 
That's cool except you should really post pictures! :scratch2:

I haven't bitten the blue ray thing yet. Dunno why. Prolly just getting crotchety!

I ordered both pinch rollers and the idler wheel For the CT-A9X from Pioneer today. All were still available surprisingly. Also ordered a belt set from Marrs. It ate the first tape I fed it yesterday so it won't get anything else until it gets the full treatment.

Sure looks cool lit up though. Also gave it 4 black feet from several amps I've swapped over the years. Originals we're just rubber bumper feet.

There is a test report from Stereo Review on the CT-A9X right now on that auction site. Interesting note is that they mention it as part of Pioneers Elite line.
Thought that might be interesting for this thread and the origins of Elite branding.
 
Listening to this pair as I go through to get rid of excess stuff I`m not using.

The M-90 wasn`t working when I first got it last spring and was planning to let it go. Had been unused for years by the previous owner. Played with the input switch a bit.

Must be living right or something, these just sound so right. First time I`m getting to listen to this pair. Like they were made for each other or something! Haha!

(Yes, I`m keeping them!)

dsc06056f.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom