• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Shave of the Day Sunday Evening 10-21 - An OLD SPICE LIME Shave

Alwin Straight Razor (Ontario Cutlery Geneva NY Circa 1935)
Old Spice Lime Shaving Cream (Imported - India)
Vie Long Horsehair Brush
Homebrew Astringent (Witch Hazel - White Willow Bark - Tea Tree Oil - Aloe Vera)
Old Spice Lime Aftershave (Imported - India)

IMG-20181021-233150.jpg

So much to try out! The lime aftershave is intriguing.
 
The wife makes me keep my little corner at bay. I had two of these stands made, gifted the other to my brother in law along with the obligatory Gillette’s. (slim and fatboy)

I pref a long handle super adjustable with a feather. (Black beauty) Never could fathom using a straight razor, I twitch to much.


View attachment 1311993

Love that stand. Very nice. And as I told @Zeego , a shave den can be huge, or it can be one razor and one soap and brush. It is works for you, then that's all that matters.
 
So much to try out! The lime aftershave is intriguing.

The Old Spice you can get (at Amazon) imported from India, Z, is good stuff because it mimics the Old Spice our fathers and grandfathers used. The stuff we get here in the States has changed, IMO. I really like the Lime from India. The Shavecream is actually already imported and ready to ship from Amazon (prime). The Aftershave come directly from India, but the company that ships it is first rate. They ship fast and pack extremely well. It's inexpensive and they do not charge shipping. I don't know how they do it and still make money, but evidently they do. As I said... it's well packaged... And that's good because like the original Old Spice from the 60s, it's in a glass bottle.

LINK to AFTERSHAVE

LINK to SHAVECREAM

PS, Ignore the reviews. Must be goofballs with no nose sense. Some say it does not smell like lime. ??? Well of course it does not smell like fresh squeezed limes, but it DOES smell like the Lime Old Spice Aftershave that my father used. I really like it. For under 8 bucks with shipping included (even though it's not a huge bottle), it's worth a try. I prefer smaller bottles as the cologne and aftershave stays fresh longer, and I don't use it every day, so I like a 50 ml bottle better than the larger ones.
 
Last edited:
I've been happy with Feather DE blades for a while now, but I'm not sold on any particular cream.... I'm using Cremo now, I usually shave in the shower when it's all steamy and thinner cream tends to drip and run. Any suggestions?
 
I've been happy with Feather DE blades for a while now, but I'm not sold on any particular cream.... I'm using Cremo now, I usually shave in the shower when it's all steamy and thinner cream tends to drip and run. Any suggestions?

Cremo is a great low-suds super-slick foam. It's not meant to stick in mass, just to put a slick surface on the skin.

For a longer lasting thicker cream, try PRORASO. I like the Green Eucalyptus, but they have other scents. They also have (and this is amazing) a PRE-SHAVE cream that you put on FIRST. Then put on the regular Proraso. The combination puts a long-lasting super slick coating on your face that should last a while in the shower. You don't need much pre-shave. It sticks to your skin and is slick. Just a light coating. You can wet your face, put on the pre-shave before you jump in the shower, then put on Proraso shaving cream in the shower.

PRORASO SHAVING CREAM

PRORASO PRE-SHAVE CREAM
 
Thanks, I'll give the shaving cream a try...

I don't really like pre-shave creams and oils, it just takes too long and is too much stuff. I've tried a few, and I really can't tell much of a difference with or without them.
 
Thanks, I'll give the shaving cream a try...

I don't really like pre-shave creams and oils, it just takes too long and is too much stuff. I've tried a few, and I really can't tell much of a difference with or without them.

I have a feeling you'll like Proraso's Pre-Shave cream. It's what their company was founded upon. They called it (100 years ago) the Miracle shave. But if that's not your gig, no worries. Just try the regular cream.

Another THICK cream you may like is Palmolive with Palm Extract. It's an import. But you can get it from Amazon. Very neutral scent. Very inexpensive. I find Proraso to be superior, but that's ME. Everyone's skin and shaving style is different.

LINK to AMAZON
 
Shave Of The Day Tuesday 10-23

Thinking of @Zeego for this evening's shave. He is a fan of Speick Aftershave, SO;

Edwin Jagger DE89 DE Razor with LORD Blades (Purchased from Pasteur's Pharmacy NYC)
Palmolive Palm Extract Men's Shaving Cream
Perfecto Badger Brush
Homebrew Astringent (Witch Hazel - White Willow Bark - Tea Tree Oil - Aloe Vera)
Speick Aftershave


IMG-20181023-211800.jpg
 
Mid-Day shave of the Day

Spike Razor (Union Cutlery, Olean, NY) - In the process of restoration - Blade is 100 percent and razor sharp :)
Shaving Station Synth Brush
Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream (Tube-Imported)
Home Brew Astringent
Nivea Sensitive Cooling After Shave Balm

IMG-20181024-131211.jpg
 
Mid-Day shave of the Day

Spike Razor (Union Cutlery, Olean, NY) - In the process of restoration - Blade is 100 percent and razor sharp :)
Shaving Station Synth Brush
Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream (Tube-Imported)
Home Brew Astringent
Nivea Sensitive Cooling After Shave Balm

IMG-20181024-131211.jpg

How is that Nivea? Any thin like film left on the skin? I dig the scent.
 
Was browsing Facebook marketplace one day, seen a ad for shaving brushes. Come to find out the local makes shaving soaps as well. Met him at a public spot and he brought a whole mess of them. I was very reluctant on this “tropical breeze”. Notes of banana and coconut are very pronounced. I figured what the hell, I’ll take a chance on it.

Not something you smell everyday, But I dig it.

Omega brush- diy soap- $1.95 Gillette adjustable- feather blade. 3 passes, not as close as I like. But I’m not really a huge fan of the razor.

B8D0F58D-C1B7-45E2-809F-13B8DB24D870.jpeg
 
How is that Nivea? Any thin like film left on the skin? I dig the scent.

I really like Nivea shaving product. I had to order the Shaving Cream from Europe. I suspect you can find it here, but I have not been able to. Amazon has it but it's also a shipped from Europe. It has good "Cushion" on the skin and washes off CLEAN. The Cooling after shave Balm is amazing. Any razor irritation is GONE quickly, and, it's really well moisturizing.
 
Was browsing Facebook marketplace one day, seen a ad for shaving brushes. Come to find out the local makes shaving soaps as well. Met him at a public spot and he brought a whole mess of them. I was very reluctant on this “tropical breeze”. Notes of banana and coconut are very pronounced. I figured what the hell, I’ll take a chance on it.

Not something you smell everyday, But I dig it.

Omega brush- diy soap- $1.95 Gillette adjustable- feather blade. 3 passes, not as close as I like. But I’m not really a huge fan of the razor.

View attachment 1314481

NICE!

I LOVE mom and pop soaps. There is a mom and pop soap company that is really popular on the shaving threads (I posted a few pics of their Pineapple soap earlier in the thread. STIRLING SOAP COMPANY
Great product (Tallow Soap Based), great variety of unique fragrances. Like Grapefruit Mentol and Pineapple Breeze.
The owner is a great guy. When I order, he typically throws in samples bars of other soaps. I have no affiliation, but you should check out his website just for poops and giggles. It's AMAZING his variety of soaps for shaving and bathing.
 
How is that Nivea? Any thin like film left on the skin? I dig the scent.

Z;
Another cream you may like is Palmolive. I posted it a few shaves ago. Very clean fragrance that seems to go with just about any aftershave or cologne. Great cushion on the shave. Also an import. Available at Amazon. Just an FYI.
 
Shave of the day EARLY morning Friday (I mean like 12:10 AM). What a better way to end the day and go to bed with a freshly shaved face and some great aftershave scent of Fresh Vetiver;

A damn FINE shave! :)

IMG-20181025-235019.jpg


Surrey Badger Brush - WADE and BUTCHER FBU Razor (For Barber Use) fairly rare and much sought after
FINE Fresh Vetiver Shaving Soap and Aftershave
 
I really like Nivea shaving product. I had to order the Shaving Cream from Europe. I suspect you can find it here, but I have not been able to. Amazon has it but it's also a shipped from Europe. It has good "Cushion" on the skin and washes off CLEAN. The Cooling after shave Balm is amazing. Any razor irritation is GONE quickly, and, it's really well moisturizing.

Great to know. I'll be getting some soon.

Z;
Another cream you may like is Palmolive. I posted it a few shaves ago. Very clean fragrance that seems to go with just about any aftershave or cologne. Great cushion on the shave. Also an import. Available at Amazon. Just an FYI.

Right on...TY

The shave cathedral.

20180426062345-6f7a97f4.jpg


20180426070432-9fa285b1.jpg


20180426062347-cab0ebb6.jpg


20180426062348-a1dafc4e.jpg


Have I blown my cover?

.

Amazing! That's one hell of set up. I'm wondering if you need a password to step into that den? ;)
 
Mid-Day shave of the Day

Spike Razor (Union Cutlery, Olean, NY) - In the process of restoration - Blade is 100 percent and razor sharp :)
Shaving Station Synth Brush
Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream (Tube-Imported)
Home Brew Astringent
Nivea Sensitive Cooling After Shave Balm

IMG-20181024-131211.jpg

Love the Nivea products too! :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top Bottom