• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
I have no affils with any of these products but wanted to make mention about another brush.

This one is fantastic!

tdmGOFZ.jpg


Reasonably priced, soft, develops a great lather especially with Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap AND comes with its own brush holder.
 
@BillyBatts

Which blades do you think are comparable to the Astra? I'm game and will give something else a try if they're close in style and shave pattern. Do tell,...
 
You're going to really like this Cremo Reserve Edition product.

I actually tried the 'Cooling' one that you had recommended earlier in the thread and I do like that as well. Very low foam, almost non-existent for me. I was thinking about trying my badger or synthetic brush with it, to improve lather, but have not done so as yet.

Target had the gift pack and it was super super super cheap. Comes with the cream tube, after-shave balm and solid cologne bar. You're gonna like,...

If you want to lather-up Cremo, just put in a few drops of Glycerin (you can get liquid Glycerin at Amazon - it's inexpensive) into a mug with Cremo and use your brush to foam it up. It will lather nicely with some Glycerin added. I kind of prefer the low-lather of Cremo, especially when I'm in a hurry in the morning.
 
I have no affils with any of these products but wanted to make mention about another brush.

This one is fantastic!

tdmGOFZ.jpg


Reasonably priced, soft, develops a great lather especially with Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap AND comes with its own brush holder.

WOW! I love L'Occitane. I have their Cedrat line and a few others for men's grooming. And I am a super fan of their hand cremes and after shave balms.
I did not know about this brush. So YES, this ALSO is on my list for ordering asap.
MAHALO!
 
I'm going to look for those Feathers. PM me with who you might recommend as a Seller for them. Thank you!
 
WOW! I love L'Occitane. I have their Cedrat line and a few others for men's grooming. And I am a super fan of their hand cremes and after shave balms.
I did not know about this brush. So YES, this ALSO is on my list for ordering asap.
MAHALO!


I like spending other people's money! :naughty:

The L'Occitane line is the bomb. It isn't cheap though. The Cedre & Oranger and Cade lines are my FIRM go-to's,... without question.
 
WOW! I love L'Occitane. I have their Cedrat line and a few others for men's grooming. And I am a super fan of their hand cremes and after shave balms.
I did not know about this brush. So YES, this ALSO is on my list for ordering asap.
MAHALO!

Shhhhhhh,... the brush is a secret! You'll never see it out on the display counter. I had to ask the salesperson for it when I was told about it.
 
@BillyBatts

Which blades do you think are comparable to the Astra? I'm game and will give something else a try if they're close in style and shave pattern. Do tell,...

Easy one!

Definitely Voskhod, Bolzano Soperinox, Lord Super Chrome, and Personna.
You may also wish to try Vikings and Rapira from Sweden.
And maybe Gillette 7 O'Clock and Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium

All are available from Amazon.

You need to pay attention to the full names i.e., Super Max makes many blades, but only the BlueDiamond Titanium are as smooth as they are sharp.
 
Easy one!

Definitely Voskhod, Bolzano Soperinox, Lord Super Chrome, and Personna.
You may also wish to try Vikings and Rapira from Sweden.
And maybe Gillette 7 O'Clock and Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium

All are available from Amazon.

You need to pay attention to the full names i.e., Super Max makes many blades, but only the BlueDiamond Titanium are as smooth as they are sharp.

You gave a ton of choices there,... narrow it down a bit for me,... if you could choose only two (2) to take with you on a cruise ship and the boat sank. Which two (2) would you swim with to an island for that BBS Caribbean Island shave? :dunno:
 
I'm going to look for those Feathers. PM me with who you might recommend as a Seller for them. Thank you!

Yes, Amazon for SURE! Look no further. I have tried all sources. Amazon keeps their prices low and the supply is of course superb.

You gave a ton of choices there,... narrow it down a bit for me,... if you could choose only two (2) to take with you on a cruise ship and the boat sank. Which two (2) would you swim with to an island for that BBS Caribbean Island shave? :dunno:

Hmmmm....
Lord Super Chrome for sure. But the second? Three others are tied for this spot. I suppose I'd take Voskhod because it works in just about any razor. But man, Bolzano and Super Max are SO excellent. You really should try all four if you can. Who knows what your skin/beard type will like.
 
Thanks! Ok, I'm going to give a few of those a try ^^^^.

My skin is so sensitive and the Astras are just on the edge of keeping my face tame.
 
Thanks! Ok, I'm going to give a few of those a try ^^^^.

My skin is so sensitive and the Astras are just on the edge of keeping my face tame.

For MY skin, Lord Super Chrome are the most smooth, yet sharp. Super Max is probably 2nd. Voskhod is known for smoothness but it is not a very sharp blade. Yet your skin may LOVE it, depending on the razor and your shaving style. Keep us posted!
 
....darn companies want to sell you 100pcs of a single blade for $10-$15, and I just want to try a few. 'This' is what gets expensive in this type of shaving experience. :no:
 
@8xlaxx Just Ordered that Cremo Set from Amazon. They said only 7 sets left so I jumped on it. Thanks again!


The scent is actually quite nice. Very unique, an earthy tone with not an overly endulged perfume stank. Kinda rugged. What you get for the price is very good. IMHO

My box came with a Scratch and Sniff sticker. I approved it and so did the wife. That's all that counts! :naughty:
 
Don't overlook that L'Occitane brush. I've been frustrated with the feel of a few but it's so soft for it being a synthetic,... you'd be happily surprised with it. 100%
 
Back
Top Bottom