• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The song that sends a chill down your spine:

I second this one along with "Easy For You To Say" by Ronstadt.

Karla Bonoff wrote Someone To Lay Down Beside Me and does a fine rendition of it on her album.

I have both versions, while Bonoffs is great it just doesn't have Ronstadts lilt that makes you want to lay down beside her. :D
 
About 15 years ago I saw k.d. lang in concert and when she did Orbison's "Crying Over You" I got chills. She's got an amazing voice.

I saw her in concert a couple of years ago. Her voice is just too big to capture on any recording medium. Truly the best live vocal performance I have ever witnessed.

When she sang Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah I got a lump in my throat. It was spellbinding.
 
For me, there's one spot on Tower of Power's Back to Oakland LP - I think that's the one. The cut is called Squibb Cakes and is basically a riff for the band to take turns soloing over. It was a popular song they did in concert and still do occasionally.

This recording's version, though, has a Chester Thompson Hammond B3 organ solo where the whole band stops playing with the exception of the drummer. Chester takes over the bass line as well. Right at the end of the solo, Chester moves through one hell of a set of chords, bass walking down and with the Leslie speakers flying, the drummer (Dave Garibaldi) flailing like mad. To this day, some 30+ years later, it never ceases to raise the hair on the back of my neck.

I used to use this track for testing speakers when I repaired them - at high volume you'd hear any buzz or rattle.

Cheers,

David
 
I saw her in concert a couple of years ago. Her voice is just too big to capture on any recording medium. Truly the best live vocal performance I have ever witnessed.

When she sang Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah I got a lump in my throat. It was spellbinding.
K.D. Lang's voice is of an angel!!!
 
Dust in the Wind by Kansas
Spirit in the Sky by Norm Greenbaum
Cats in the Cradle (Harry Chapin) but Ugly Kid Joe does it wonderfully too.
the last portion Bethoven's 9th
Bach's Toccata
Fanfaire for the Common Man

My list keep growing so I should probably stop here.

DK
 
Tubular Bells - Mike Oldfield

I heard it when the movie "Omen" first came out. I was listening to the LP for the 1st time with the headphones cranked. I thought it was all instrumental and was really gettin into it. Then the guys says "glockenspiel" freaked the **** out of me.

Whenever I hear it now, it gives me the creepy chills.
 
Guitar solo in Comfortably Numb still gives me chills
Pink Floyd - Set the Controls (For the Heart of the Sun) gives me chills also.


That's one of the first Gilmour solos I learned note for note, I can't really remember but it may have been the first. He is the man :thmbsp:
 
Whenever I hear it now, it gives me the creepy chills.

:yes:

"Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" from Yellow Brick Road by Elton John.

Tales of Mystery and Imagination by The Alan Parsons Project, the whole album.

Any good version of "Danny Boy" or "Amazing Grace" gets me teary-eyed.
 
That's one of the first Gilmour solos I learned note for note, I can't really remember but it may have been the first. He is the man :thmbsp:

The guitar solo in Rush's Limelight still does it for me. Comfortably Numb comes in at a close second.

Long time Rush fans will recognize Lifeson's feedback/harmonics solo during By-Tor and the Snow-Dog off their first double live album All The World's a Stage as a spine tingler. It's trippy, to say the least!
 
Back
Top Bottom