• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

The use of "B" speaker outputs. Why do you do it?

Why do you use B speaker outputs


  • Total voters
    610
A combo of either 4 at once or 2 each at different times off a Sansui G-8000 -- so both A and B in the poll.
It's been interesting to hear how some pairings complement each other, while some don't.
 
Learn something new everyday around here. I always thought "A" was for Advents, ARs, Apogees, Allisons, Amazings, etc., and that "B" was for Bozak, BIC, Boston Acoustics, etc.

Good to know I haven't been mismatching things all these years with the occasional pair of KLH
 
Toasted Almond said:
Learn something new everyday around here. I always thought "A" was for Advents, ARs, Apogees, Allisons, Amazings, etc., and that "B" was for Bozak, BIC, Boston Acoustics, etc.

Good to know I haven't been mismatching things all these years with the occasional pair of KLH

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 
they're going to be used for my second pair of advents, so i'm a stacker too :)

Keep them spinning,
Bert.
 
jeffn said:
Many amps have outputs for 2 pair of speakers....... Do you use them and why?

Or why use B-outputs when you have an excuse for another complete amp?
1 Bi wiring
2 Stax headphones
3 Easy speaker comparison

David
 
I use it for my electrostatic Headphones : Stax SR Gamma. The Stax needs a powerfull amp to run correctly (20WRMS is not enough)
 
At first, I had my HPM-100's set as the "A" speakers and my Epicure 4's as my "B" speakers on my SX-1250 in the living room. Rarely did I play them all together...just too much sound in such a small space! The 100's are for daily listening (I'm too old fashioned for home theater) and party rock when friends are over, and the Epi's are for low level relaxation time with jazz and soft rock. However, I just ran some wires from the "C" set to my bedroom set of Insignia's for when I'm making the bed, putting away clothes...or just hiding! Man, I love this receiver!!:yes:
 
My main amps don't have "B" outputs..I never installed them..If I need another set of speakers,which I don't,I'll just stack banana plugs. Two sets of NS-1000's is plenty for me each set with its own amp.:D
 
I use them in a couple ways, depending on the system - in one case, I switch between two different speakers depending on what I'm listening to (and my mood) in the same room, in another case I use them to extend radio music to another room for background music when I'm doing stuff between the two rooms. I do NOT use them for stacking; I'd rather use two amps.

There is one other use I put "B" speaker connections to, which is not offered as a poll option: I use them to TEST new speakers and to A/B COMPARISON TEST different speakers.
 
Could be the relays or solder got flaky but I like the B or C better than A on some of my old gear.

:scratch2:

Might affect those A/B comparisons.
 
I checked "all 4 at the same time", but I'll use the "B" setup to troubleshoot/rule out connection problems occasionally.
 
Hi,
I use the B terminals all the time at my HT set with my yamaha RX-V590 and 2 sets of Technics SB-R4.
At my Akai AM-2600 i use the B terminals for speaker testing so i don't have to rewire the Jamo D 165 all the time when i want to test some other speakers.

My bedroom set wit the Kenwood A-62 ad Jamo LS 1000 does'nt have B terminals.

Greetings Keesie
 
On my little Akai, A are 1/4" jacks to match my Akai speakers. But I use the Akai speakers in my main system, so I use the B routing, which are spring clips. I don't do the first option - running four in the same room.
 
I have used the B terminals many times to run 2 sets of speakers, or stacked speakers. Right now, I use the B terminals because the speaker A indicator bulb is out and I don't feel like opening up the receiver right now.
 
I use the B outputs on my three power amps to connect VU meter units. Technics SH-9020 VU meters to the Technics SE-9060 power amps. Each amp drives it's own pair of speakers in a surround system.
 
quad + stacking

I was heading towards stacking when I "discovered" that Quad can have 4 (yeah 4!) sets of outputs. With each one capable of 8 ohm, I can stack 4 ohm speakers OR go with twin stacks. Need to find more matching pairs.

Oh Baby!
 
Back
Top Bottom