• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Thiel tweeter = Vifa D25TG-85 ?

stonedeaf

Well-Known Member
Recently acquired a pair of Thiel CS-1 speakers. Charitably these could be described as cosmetically challenged . Sound great and use the Vifa D25TG-85 6 ohm tweeters. Anybody know if these are the original tweeters ?
 
Register to hide this ad
Depending on taste, the way people view a design, for some, they are cosmetically challenged. For me though, they are quite nice.

To answer your question, It's most likely is, most of their drivers are custom-made for Thiel by VIFA.
Sometime, you can even see a Thiel name badge on the rear face plate.
 
mine led a rough life

I purchased these from a Thiel dealer by saying " So what's the best sounding rough lookin speaker ya got ?" . Like these enough to be vagely lookin for either another set of 1's in better shape in terms of cabinets or maybe a set of 2's. Never really been a fan of metal dome tweeters - these Vifa soft domes are something I used alot for repairs and was always pleased with. Just curious if they are original to the Thiel CS-1 ? Will send Thiel a e-mail and see what they have to say ?
 
Last edited:
i think they are the original. can you post a pic? also i would change nothing on them. the thiel sound is dependent on the mfg. design.
 
no changes

I have insuffecient ego/confidence to want to mess around with one of Thiel's designs. Just curious if anyone else did in the past ( the joys of purchasing used -:) Pic thing I've never figured out.
 
Thiel CS 2

While we're on the subject of messing with Thiels, I just got a pair of CS 2s from a guy. They sound great. Not especially forward, just clear in a relaxed kind of way. My question is: since these are likely 30 yrs old, should I be thinking of replacing the caps? Would that sharpen them up? What should I replace them with. New member. Hello all!
 
Back
Top Bottom