• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

This guy collects audiophiles

Register to hide this ad
:lmao:

Hi there .I recently move to apt , it s so small now so I have to sell these speakers . I ve been collected audiophiles for awhile these one of my collection . These re legendary AR-3a vintage speaker sound really nice, back the old day these re handmade , honestly they look ugly when you take the grill off . The cosmetic condition there are some real small ding and light scratch here and there but overall they look real good and you will not believe they re over 40 years old . Both of woofer have been refoamed , the mid and high pot in the back have been bypass for highest setting . All the drive the original. On eBay I ve seen they bid crazy normally they bid over $800 for these with these condition Not include shipping $100-150 , so I set to the fair price but I will take the best offer if not I will put up on eBay .Call or text



not sure what's funnier, the "I ve been collected audiophiles" line, or the $650 price for a pair of AR3s.
 
They're ugly. Now give me five times what they're worth. What a total putz.

At least he hasn't been collected pedophiles in his tiny apartment.

We have a guy here locally who has a GIANT collection of gear, some of it great stuff in great condition. Problem is he refuses to part with any of it at anything even approaching a reasonable price. He paid full price for everything on e-pay and doesn't understand why no one will pay him more. When you call him, that's all you hear, "It's great stuff, but I'm not going to take any kind of a loss. Pay the price or move on." So, that's what everyone does. He hasn't sold a single piece that I know of in over a year. Moron.:thumbsdn:

Dave
 
What he said was, "I ve been collected audiophiles."

The "been" in that sentence bugs me a little. Does he mean that he has "been collected by audiophiles?" Either way is disturbing...
 
This is my favorite part..

the mid and high pot in the back have been bypass for highest setting

Really? You're going to include that spectacular mod for the low low price of WHAT?!?!?!
 
What planet do these people come from? I truly expected a picture of 4 dudes with glasses tied up in his living room for that price!
 
..."Ive been collected audiophiles.

I can see it now... someone stops over to buy them, and he's like "they're right down here in the dungeon...err...basement" "after you".
 
hahahaha. This thread is comedy gold, and it's dangerous to eat or drink anything while reading through these replies (don't ask me why I know that).
 
I'm guessing that English isn't his first language. That puts him one (heck, maybe two) languages up on me.
 
"So where do you git them audiophiles you been collectin'?"

"Right here at the gittin' place."

broke_f.jpg
 
Is $650 really a bad price though? I mean, there's no way in hell I'd pay it, but there's no sidestepping the eBay's completed listings. You can't blame the guy for his starting point on the price. I'm sure he'll figure it out when he gets $250-$300 offers. And then he'll put them on eBay and make somewhere near $650 (if someone helps him with his ad).
 
Back
Top Bottom